Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 Discussion and Gallery

I finished @AuFish’s son’s ornament, but will probably mail next week. I know what I want to make for @saintcady and what I want to make it with. The question will be if I am successful or if I need to invent a new way.

3 Likes

@Lynx He is really excited that someone picked him.

Curing and reassembling @Tapestry’s ornament.
Fiddly bit left on @marionberries’ ornament.

2 Likes

How old is your son going to be?

1 Like

Ohmygosh so much cuteness. Love the koala and sweater and the whale is just divine! Constellations are the best. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

17 this year.

2 Likes

Finally got to the PO with the 2 ornaments I had finished. And then finished two more last night. But I just have to get that baby quilt started for my new grand-nephew.

BTW that sweater would win any ugly sweater contest because it’s just so darned cute. Oxymoron anyone?

3 Likes

I just signed up (waiting for approval). We finally cleared the ginormous backlog at work and now I have some free time again and I got caught up on sleep! Whew. I know I will likely only be able to send one ornament in the time left but that means I will put all wishes for happy holidays into that one! :wink:

2 Likes

Adding you now!

2 Likes

Can everyone please check their stats compared to mine? Please make sure you are doing them the same way I am which is:

total claims you have made/total claims you have sent/total claims that have been received.

I know in some ongoing swaps, we move the claims from sent to received, but there are too many claims for me to keep track of some people doing it that way and me not. Because of the amount of claims going on, it is much easier for me to use this method.

So, if you have claimed 10 people, sent 8, and 4 have been received, please show that as:
10/8/4. You will know how many claims you can make by taking 10 minus 8, which is 2.

If you have made 10 claims, sent 8, and 4 are received, and you write it as
10/4/4 at first glance, it looks like you have 6 outstanding claims which is not allowed.

I’ve been working hard at keeping up, but I know there are probably still some discrepancies from the thread and the feedback spreadsheet, so read through the list and let me know if I need to adjust anything else, too.

Thank you so much!

Also, new ongoing swappers: please remember to PM both me and your partner when you send and receive. In the subject line write: Ongoing Ornament Swap: your name SENT/RECEIVED "which ornament’ from/to swapper due (if you know the date). Add the tracking number/letter rate info in the message portion.

3 Likes

One ready to ship Monday, now I may have claim again. That crafty bug is on me this weekend!

1 Like

Everything relating to me looks fine on the feed.
It was fun going through the feed list and remembering all the joy in sending and receiving the different ornaments.

1 Like

Mine look good (though I did just make a new claim so technically my stats should be 7/6/5).

1 Like

I am really excited that my Doctor Who ornament for saintcady has turned out better than I hoped using the technique I wanted. In fact, I was able to combine a few techniques. One of which is drying, but I am on track to mail on Monday a few days before it’s send date!

1 Like

Woot! I’m excited too. Very happy for this swap getting me into a happy holiday mood. :christmas_tree:

2 Likes

I received a super cute hedgie ornament today from @roler! Plus a lovely card. Thank you!

12 Likes

I’m so relieved it finally arrived! I was getting worried it had gotten lost in the mail. Glad you like it! :slight_smile: I was imagining your adorable little Pickles decorating his quills with Christmas tree needles and a festive ribbon with a bell XD

4 Likes

Super cute hedgie!

1 Like

I love the hedgie!

1 Like

Ooh, nice use of Christmas colors on the hedgehog!

1 Like

all the adorable creatures and that tiny sweater?! so good. ya’ll are setting the bar pretty high here.

i’m putting the finishing touches on mine and hopefully send by Tuesday,

1 Like