Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 Discussion and Gallery

Ooh, how interesting. I’m about to get my ______ out too…but are they the same blanks or different? We’ll see!

2 Likes

OK, ornament for @AudiobookLover is officially packaged up and going out Monday! XD

1 Like

Ooh, I’m excited!

1 Like

I just joined in and just finished up some sample holiday masks, so I am ready to start my claim. Wish me luck.

2 Likes

You make awesome things, so I know it will be great!

1 Like

Thanks. Joining swaps or claiming really makes you try new things…plus the stalking, research and designing is sometimes the best part. Get the holiday spirit going.

1 Like

Whee, I’m so glad you claimed me! This will be so fun!! XD I hope to get lots more crafting done this weekend so I can go right on claiming! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I envisioned something that I’m not sure has been done when creating a ____ and it looks EXACTLY like I envisioned! I love when stuff works out. I haven’t had the best of luck lately.

4 Likes

Working on a work around for crafting mediums. If I use ** instead of —ing, it might work.

1 Like

We are being so vague this weekend! My curiosity is piquing! I have finished my loteria ornament for @lifeinpigtails and am almost finished with @endymion’s Christmas related ornament. @AudiobookLover, I’ll probably have to start yours another day.

3 Likes

I finished my 2020 ornament for you last night! XD About to start on my D&D one for @endymion! :slight_smile: Just can’t get enough!!

2 Likes

It makes me so happy you ladies are having such a good time with this swap!

3 Likes

It’s really late in the game but I’m so tempted to join in this swap! My 2020 has been a crap show and I’ve spent most of the summer and fall thus far working 60-80hr weeks. I’m finally getting my life back under control though and could use some crafting time to reset! Plus ornamnets!!!

5 Likes

2020 has been terrible for me too. Ornaments are a happy thing! Join us!

2 Likes

I just joined and it’s been a lift. Small, easy (hopefully), items to create and receive. Just started and I am already hooked.

3 Likes

@endymion - That RBG ornament is stunning! Will you post a separate thread about your creation process? I’m in love with the 3d face and would love to explore that technique.

1 Like

Same here. I have been SO stressed and overwhelmed lately, and these are small enough that I can finish one fairly quickly and get that energy boost from having completed something cute and fun, plus expand my ornament collection! It’s a wonderful and welcome distraction. Please do join us! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You, @Lynx, and @marionberries convinced me! I’m officially signing up and throwing my craft supplies in the ring. Even if I only make a single claim, it’ll feel good to craft again and I love having someone to craft for.

5 Likes

It sounds like you really need a break from the grind! The more that join this swap, the merrier it becomes! But, I’ll warn you like I did with marionberries, this swap is addictive!

3 Likes

To help me keep track when you send/ receive please pm me this information:

1. Your username
  2. Who you sent to
  3. Which ornament
  4. Due date (approx date is fine)

There are a lot of claims being sent and received in an ongoing swap, so it is very important to have that info in your message to me. Also, please put your username in the subject to help me go back and find messages if I need to.

Thanks!

3 Likes