I claim @mel . I don’t know what to make yet because I have 1000 ideas. I’ll probably sew something with a fox but don’t hold me to that yet!
in transit: 2
I’m Shannon. I live in the USA on the border of the California San Francisco Bay Area and Central Valley with my family.
I don’t have pets or smoke.
I am TOTALLY up to surprises. If you are really good at a certain craft that isn’t on here please GO FOR IT! I’m sure I’d like it! In fact, this is my first choice!
Craft ideas for me:
- I never figured out how to crochet and I love getting crocheted goodies! Especially cozies, slings and the like.
- Book marks
- Hand Made Paper
- Anything leather-worked
- Hand made little baskets – any medium, natural materials, recycled goods, anything
- Anything to do with herbology, dried herbs or flowers, incense, natural oils, salves, soaps, lip balm, that sort of thing
- Etched or colored glass
- Things made out of wood.
- Anything sewn. Especially cozies, slings and the like.
Supplies I could use:
- Anything for epoxy resin casting
- Colored wood stain (like Unicorn Spit Brand). I could use Blue.
- Fun patterned bias tape
- Fat Quarters of interesting fabric (You’re always safe with black and white and maybe purple!)
- A new rotary cutter
- I seem to go through exacto knives very quickly and can always use those in any size.
- I go through a great deal of sand paper in all grades/grit and can always use more.
- All of my sharpies seem to have dried out at the same time too and would love one of those.
- Black, or Gray aida cloth since I think I’m going to take up cross stitch after a long break.
- Any selection/ shades of DMC brand Floss
• I like the goth-industrial aesthetic (NOT HORROR though ) Black and white and silver are my favorite. Maybe a little purple = dope.
• I know it doesn’t seem compatible with above but I also like fantasy-foresty things. LOTR, Labyrinth, dragons, witchy things, renn fair, etc… so Browns and Greens, wood, leather, the 4 elements type stuff is also great!
• I know it doesn’t go with either of the above but I also like Kawaii - super duper duper crazy cute stuff. Crafted images of household stuff but with faces is my particular jam.
•Regional or unusual Gluten Free Snacks that won’t melt or spoil in the mail (It’s already hot here! and yes, Gluten-Free because that’s my life now.)
•Fat fuzzy bumblebees. Bumblebees are too fat to fly but they fly anyway. I identify with that.
•Things that change color always delight me
•Anything naturally floral, herbal or spice scented
•I love visual illusions or crazy hypnotic patterns. My favorite color is black and white checkerboard or argyle.
Here’s my Pinterest for ideas. There is a Lettuce Craft board there. Please do not feel the need make exact copies since these are just ideas of things I need/want.
I am a fat woman. Even my feet and head are plus size! Clothing related items are always problematic and it may be safer to avoid that category altogether for me.
Here are my dislikes:
•Disney stuff (yes, there are a few exceptions. But in general it’s just not my cup of tea)
•Anything with Gluten because my kiddo just got diagnosed with celiac disease and gluten doesn’t enter this house anymore.
• Inspiring quotes
Thank you in advance!