COMPLETED: $5 Craft Challenge Swap Round 1 (SU: 9/19-9/25 SO: 10/19)

20200918_211112

Swap name: $5 Craft Challenge Swap Round 1

Check out the GALLERY

Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: lifeinpigtails
Sign-up date range: Sept 19 - Sept 25
Send out Date: October 19
Limited to a certain number of people? no
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? no

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

• Has been a member for at least one month
  • Has posted at least 15 times
  • Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time
  • Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps
  • Does not have any negative feedback
  • Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old
  • If within the US, understands that a Tracking number is required for this swap
  • If sending internationally, understands that a shipping receipt with address must be captured

Swap Details:
Participants in this swap will create 1 Medium, in any medium that your partner will enjoy. The Challenge is to only spend $5 (+tax) (or your local equivalent to $5 usd) to create something for your partner. Dollar stores, thrift stores, craft stores, online, anywhere that you can think to gather materials is fair game. You CAN use what’s in your stash like, paint, adhesives, small things to complete your project, but the spirit of the swap is to challenge all while having fun.

By Time
-Large= 3 or more hours
-Medium = 2 or more hours
-Small = 2 or less hours

By Size
-Large = A shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse
-Medium = one single necklace or bracelet, a scarf
-Small = Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks

Communication is important.
It is your responsibility to:
-PM your partners and the organizer when you have sent
-PM your partner and the organizer when you have received
-post your comments, questions, thoughts, teasers, etc. in this thread
-post photos of your received item in the gallery

Swappers will be required to post once in the swap thread before sending in their questionnaires and once a week during the crafting period.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: $5 Craft Challenge Swap Round 1
LettuceCraft username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)
What mediums do you create in (felting, embroidery, clay, etc)?:
What mediums would you be thrilled to receive?:
What themes can your partner use for information? Examples can include animals, pop culture references, favorite countries to visit, or really just about anything!! (Please give at least 5 options, but feel free to list as many as you want)
Are there any types of things that you would NOT like to receive?
What are your favorite colors and/or aesthetics?
What functionality would you like your swap item to be? (Fun, functional, decorative, size preferences)
Are there any colors, themes, styles, or materials etc. that you dislike?
Do you have any allergies?
Do you have any allergens in your home (animals or smoke)?
Do you have a Pinterest you’d like to share to show your taste?
Do you understand that tracking is required for shipping within the US and an image must be captured for International receipts?
Will you post in the swap thread once before and once per week during the crafting period?
Anything else you want your partner or the organizer to know?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO lifeinpigtails with subject line - $5 Craft Challenge Swap Signup - Username

3 Likes

PARTICIPANT LIST

1. @lifeinpigtails
  2. @MightyMitochondria
  3. @endymion

Yay, we will be swapping with 2 partners! :smiley:
Partners:
@MightyMitochondria <-> endymion
@endymion <-> lifeinpigtails
@lifeinpigtails <-> MightyMitochondria

I just sent in my info!

1 Like

Love that this one got picked! Will send in my questionnaire soon.

2 Likes

Hey everyone, @endymion mentioned that she was going to try and make exclusively from her stash keeping in mind the original cost of items. Great idea!

3 Likes

Today is the last day of sign-ups. If you’re on the fence, now is the time to send me your Q. :smiley:

Woo hoo, we have “partners”. Let the research begin! :smiley:

1 Like

Woot woot! So excited!

2 Likes

Yay! Me too!

1 Like

Is it cheating if you have to buy specific paints that aren’t in the budget? Asking for a friend. :crazy_face:

I think you only need to calculate in the cost for the exact amount of paint you use. :laughing:

And man, oh man this $5 budget is harder than I thought it would be. It is challenging my stash and my creativity!

2 Likes

Your project is 90% pieced together and about to be put on the sewing machine. Endy’s project is finally underway after a successful trip to the thrift store. (Goodwill Outlet for the win!)

3 Likes

Oi! Happy Cake Day MM! @MightyMitochondria
:two_hearts::tada::gift::ice_cream::birthday::unicorn::grin:

2 Likes

I’m finding the $5 limit more challenging than I thought, too. Even when “shopping” my own stash.

@lifeinpigtails, I’ve got your project about halfway done. @MightyMitochondria, I started yours, but I’m thinking about switching to a different idea…

2 Likes

I have a good start on @lifeinpigtails’ item. I ran into a bump with @endymion’s. I intended to cut up a damaged vintage tablecloth to make something special. I put it on Oxyclean to get rid of the discoloration and it caused the weakened spots to rip. All the rips occurred at the same color of fabric. That dye must be particularly harsh on fabric. Now I have to come up with a plan B. :confused:

1 Like

Ooooh, sounds like it would have been so cool, too! Sorry the tablecloth didn’t make it. :cry:

I’m doing Plan B for you, too… but not saying what Plan A was in case I decide to go back to it.

2 Likes

I’ve decided that I’m keeping both of the projects that I’m making. :rofl: :sweat_smile: :crazy_face:
I’m in love with both at this point. I hope that continues. :smiley:

2 Likes

So I made quite a bit of progress on @lifeinpigtails‘ item… and then decided to start over in a slightly different direction. (Hmmmm… Do I have to count that toward my $5 limit?)

Still waffling on Plan A vs B for @MightyMitochondria’s project. I have solid plans for both; just got to make up my mind!

I think I’m still in good shape for mailing out on time.

2 Likes

I’m almost in the same boat. @MightyMitochondria 's project is well underway. But last night I had a serious mishap with @endymion 's and now have to completely start over.

1 Like

I’m actually glad I started over on yours, because I’m way more excited about the new version! Hope it works the same for you.

1 Like