COMPLETE: Chunky Houses Halloween Edition 2020 Signup 9/18-9/25/2020, Sendout 10/13/2020

LINK TO GALLERY!

House crafted by smmarrt

Swap name:Chunky Houses Halloween Edition 2020
LC member who is organizing this swap: irid3sc3nt
Sign-up date range: Sept 18 to Sept 25 2020
Date to send item by: October 13 2020

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? no

Additional Age requirement? 18, per swap rules

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

• Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
  • Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
  • Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
  • Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
  • Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

• Has been a member for at least one month: YES
  • Has posted at least 15 times: YES
  • Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
  • Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
  • Does not have any negative feedback: YES
  • Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
  • If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
  • If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of Swap
In this swap, participants will make and send out one house to each member in their group according to their partner’s themes. Participants will be put into groups of three. This means you will be making two houses. Optional: You may join two groups, where you would be making four houses.

Houses should be measure between 3 to 4 inches wide and no taller than 7 inches. Decorate them front and back with emphasis on embellishment. Please sign the back with your LC name and date. You want everyone to remember that great house you made.

Please use a base material such as paperboard, matboard, wood, layered cardstock, or foam core. Basically, use something that can stand without flopping over in the future so you can have a whole chunky neighborhood.

There is no need to create a stand for your chunky house. Most of us from the Old Site either hang them with clothespins or prop them up against other decorations.

Since this is a papercraft swap, no tracking/delivery confirmation is required, HOWEVER, you will have to remake and resend any packages that fail to reach their destinations. No exceptions.

Please send your house in a small padded envelope or sandwiched between cardboard. Write “DO NOT BEND” in red ink on both sides of your package. We want that chunky house that you spent so much time creating to reach its new home in good shape.

Communication is important.
It is your responsibility to:
-PM all of your partners and the organizer when you have sent-- you must send to ALL of your partners at the same time (this seriously helps me with organization)
-PM your partner and the organizer when you have received
-post your comments, questions, thoughts, teasers, etc. in this thread
-post photos of your received chunky houses in the gallery

Need Inspiration? Here is my Pinterest with ALL of the past Halloween Chunky Houses!

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER @irid3sc3nt VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE TITLED “Chunky House” AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

Questionnaire (please copy, fill it in, and send it to me irid3sc3nt–double check your anwers!)

Chunky Houses Halloween Edition 2020
LC username
Email address
Your real name and address AS IT NEEDS TO APPEAR ON THE PACKAGE

Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of your own country? YES, this is a requirement for this swap.
Confirm that you are at least 18 years old. YES/NO, I’ll participate some other time
Promise to resend if your chunky house gets gobbled by the postal system? YES/ NO, I will read the swap description again
Do you have access to a reliable camera/smartphone/tablet/etc for posting pictures in the gallery? YES, it works well and takes great photos/NO, will my partner pretty please take photos before you send?

One group (two houses) or two (four houses)? ONE/TWO
If there is an odd number of people, would you be willing to have an extra partner? YES/NO

What are your favorite Halloween things or themes?
What are your favorite Halloween colors?
Is there anything you would NOT want on your chunky house?
Is there anything you would like to tell your swap partner?
Please copy a link to your Pinterest or relevant example list of your style here. This is a great opportunity to start a Halloween list if you do not already have one.

1 Like

List of Participants
@irid3sc3nt
@RagingSloth
@MissingWillow
@marionberries
@WiccadWitch
@SonjaBoo

List of Partners
irid3sc3nt > MissingWillow, RagingSloth, SonjaBoo
marionberries > MissingWillow, WiccadWitch
MissingWillow > irid3sc3nt, marionberries, RagingSloth, SonjaBoo
RagingSloth > irid3sc3nt, MissingWillow, SonjaBoo, WiccadWitch
SonjaBoo > irid3sc3nt, MissingWillow, RagingSloth, WiccadWitch
WiccadWitch > marionberries, RagingSloth, SonjaBoo

Hey! That’s a picture of one of my houses! Feeling proud! :grinning: :smiley: :grin:

2 Likes

Love that one! Are you going to join?

Hope so - but I want to make sure I can do all 3 swaps that caught my eye.

I just made a chunky chunky house for the challenge chain. Feeling very Halloweeny this year, since there probably won’t be trick or treaters and no parties or Trunk or Treat. I’ll fill out my Q soon.

2 Likes

Should I shorten the crafting time?

I am OK with shortening it if you are considering it.

How does everyone else feel about shortening the crafting time?
@marionberries
@Smmarrt
@RagingSloth

1 Like

I’m ok with shortening as well, whatever works. Shortening a bit does make sure items arrive before Halloween! Tho you think two weeks would be enough!

1 Like

Right!!! But, you never know. I know USPS workers are trying their best but the new practices put into place are… oh this would be a long conversation so I’ll leave it.

1 Like

Do what works best for you - I’m still on the fence, time-wise.

I’m fine with that. I got nothin going on. Lol

Ok! Shortening the crafting period.

Sendout is the 13th. It’s a Tues and it fit with the theme :laughing:

Have you completed a swap before? I think you can be in five at a time.

It’s more about my time and energy level. I have been working flat-out 9 hour days with lots of prep at home. I didn’t remember that 5 and 6 year olds were so much fun but use up so much of my energy.
I will think about it seriously tonight and tomorrow.

4 Likes

Okay, today is the last day for signups!

2 Likes

I am super ready to get started!

1 Like

List of Partners
irid3sc3nt > MissingWillow, RagingSloth, SonjaBoo
@marionberries > MissingWillow, WiccadWitch
@MissingWillow > irid3sc3nt, marionberries, RagingSloth, SonjaBoo
@RagingSloth > irid3sc3nt, MissingWillow, SonjaBoo, WiccadWitch
@SonjaBoo > irid3sc3nt, MissingWillow, RagingSloth, WiccadWitch
@WiccadWitch > marionberries, RagingSloth, SonjaBoo

Everyone should have their swap partner info, but I was regularly interrupted by both my husband and son when I was sending the information. Please let me know if you do not have the info.

1 Like