COMPLETE - The OTT (One Tiny Thing) Swap- Halloween Edition- SO 10/13

(photo from racky {junk&stuff: Halloween Peg Doll with Boo Blocks}… and I bet that’s kittykill as the peg doll witch!)

Swap Gallery: OTT- Halloween Edition- Gallery

Swap name:OTT (One Tiny Thing)- Halloween Edition
LC member who is organizing this swap: craftADDchick
Sign-up date range: Sept 21 to Sept 27 2020 (closing at noon EST)
Date to send item by: October 13 2020

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? no

Additional Age requirement? 18, per swap rules

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

• Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
  • Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
  • Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
  • Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
  • Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

• Has been a member for at least one month: YES
  • Has posted at least 15 times: YES
  • Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
  • Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
  • Does not have any negative feedback: YES
  • Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
  • If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
  • If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of Swap
OTT (One Tiny Thing) swaps are based on the idea that you’ll be crafting, literally, one tiny item. Tiny refers to the actual size of the item but even though it’s small, it should be an item that is crafted with a high level of skill. If it’s a simple/easy item for you to craft, try to embellish or perfect it to best represent your skills.

In this swap, participants will have one partner. Each partner will make and send out one tiny thing (see below for ideas on what constitutes as a tiny item) based on your five themes. For example, if one of your themes is orange, your partner could make fancy orange earrings or a tiny orange ornament. The tiny thing should fit within four square inches. If you need a couple inches wiggle room, that is okay. Because of the short crafting time (2 weeks), this is a NO-EXTRAs swap. You can only send the item you craft and NOTHING else. This swap is intended to be low-stress.

After you have been approved , you are welcome to post your five themes in this thread. If you see someone’s theme list and would like to craft for them, please feel free to PM me and let me know. I cannot guarantee that you will be partnered with that person BUT I will absolutely take it into consideration during the pairing up.

To be inclusive, other October holidays can be included: Halloween, Samhain, Day of the Dead (let me know if I missed one)! Your five themes can be related to any of these.

Communication is important and helps the swap to run smoothly (and helps to keep your organizer organized :crazy_face:) .
It is your responsibility to:
-PM all of your partners and the organizer as soon as you have sent
-PM all of your partners and the organizer as soon as you have received
-post in this thread at least once
-take a photo of your item before you send (so you can post in the gallery if your partner can’t)

Is your item tiny?
pair of earrings = tiny :+1:
jewelry set = Not tiny :-1:
artist trading card = tiny :+1:
8x10 drawing = Not tiny :-1:
small change purse = tiny :+1:
clutch purse = Not tiny :-1:

Bottom line: 4"x4" dimensions
If the item “naturally” comes in a pair or a set (ie: earrings or stitch markers), that is okay.
If you aren’t sure if your idea is considered “tiny”, please ask!

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE titled “OTT- QUESTIONNAIRE- {Username}” AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Wait until you are approved to post your themes, please!

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER
The OTT Swap- Halloween Edition
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name and address including the country as it would need to appear on your package

Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?(YES/NO)
Confirm that you are at least 18 years old(YES/NO)
You won’t send extras, right? (RIGHT/I’LL READ THE RULES AGAIN)
Do you have access to a reliable camera, scanner, or other methods for posting pictures in the gallery? (YES/NO, will my partners pretty please takes photos before you send?)

Is there a particular kind of tiny thing you would like to receive (example: outdoor, hanging, functional)?
Are there a few things you just have too many of?
What’s your favorite color and/or color combos related to this swap?
Is there a color you just can’t stand?

Do you have any allergies your partner should be aware of?
Do you have pets (if yes, please state species)?
Do you have a smoke-free crafting space?
Do you have an aversion to animal products?

What’s your favorite October holiday(s)?

Your Five Themes:

Anything else you’d like your partner to know?
Do you have a pinterest/blog/etc? Please include any links here:

6 Likes

Participants!

1. @Bunny1kenobi
  2. @imera
  3. @storerboughtcreation
  4. @irid3sc3nt
  5. @Riechan
  6. @QueenHobo

Partners!

Bunny1kenobi <--------> QueenHobo
imera <--------> Riechan
irid3sc3nt <--------> storerboughtcreation

1 Like

I might have to do this one!

Yes. I am signing up.

1 Like

Yay!! Here are my themes!

1. Witchy
  2. Zombie
  3. Toads
  4. Bats
  5. Skulls/skeletons
1 Like

I anticipate that we’ll have some very fun tiny things to see in this swap. I can’t wait to see what your themes are and what you decide to make for your partners! I know that as I am looking at Bunny1kenobi’s themes, I can picture a variety of tiny items that would fit them. I can actually picture something that combines 4 of her themes! I could never make it, but I can picture it :wink:

2 Likes

I’m filling out my questionnaire tonight!

1 Like

The links to the previous swaps aren’t working for me. I get a ‘404 fault’.

My themes:

1. Mad scientist/potions/cauldrons
  2. Witch
  3. Skeletons
  4. Classical monsters
  5. Spiders
1 Like

That’s because they’re links to Craftster, which is completely dead now :disappointed:

Darn! I’ll have to go in and see what I can do to fix that.

I can still find it and access things, so that’s weird…

But, I just checked… all of the gallery links seem to be gone :frowning:

Here are my themes!

1. Black cats
  2. ghosts
  3. bats
  4. pumpkins
  5. monsters (like Dracula, Frankenstein, etc)
2 Likes

I think you can access it through the Wayback Machine, but I could be wrong.

I’ve had mixed luck with the Wayback Machine. If I have time on Friday afternoon, I’ll give it a look :slight_smile:

I’ve sent mine in too! So excited!

1. The Munsters
  2. Haunted Houses
  3. Twins
  4. Cute Spiders
  5. Fanciful witch boots
2 Likes

The Munsters!!! I love this theme! I feel that they’re often overlooked in favor of The Addams Family (which is also great, it’s true).

2 Likes

Thank you! Know what’s really cool? They live on Mockingbird Lane. I just moved. Guess what street I’m on? MOCKINGBIRD LANE!!!

4 Likes

my themes:

1. Witches (or even Wicked)
  2. Poison/ Potion bottle
  3. Zombie
  4. Pun
  5. Evil

But that fanciful witch boots theme sounds fun too!!

3 Likes

The swap is closing tomorrow! I have 5 swappers, and would love a 6th so I don’t have to do a round robin (I’m only organizing, and can’t fill the extra spot). So, if you’ve been lurking and thinking about it, jump on in! And, if you’re already signed up and know another person who could be tempted… I plan to close sign-ups at noon (EST) so I can assign partners.