OTT Swap Rnd 3 Sign Ups May 14 - May 29 / SO June 20

I’ve got my idea worked out! I’m not positive how many of the extra details spinning around my head will realistically make it into the final product, but I’m excited to see how many I can add. :smile:

4 Likes

Everyone should have finalized their ideas and gathered supplies by now (or at least over the weekend). Send-outs are in 12 days, less than two weeks. This swap had a faster turnaround than most. Make sure you are on track!

Check-In Question: What item do you prefer in a mini version?

Me? I love smaller notebooks, so I can carry them around everywhere with me.

5 Likes

Forks. Sort of. We have two sizes of forks in our house. I cannot use the larger one. The child understands this and will always make sure I have the small fork.

I’m almost done with my item for @artsycandice, probably an hour of work tops to finish.

I’ve made good progress on my item for @manders.

3 Likes

Hmm. I’d say mini soda cans. Once you open one of the big ones you either have to drink it all or waste it. I like the smaller mini ones.

I have the project for @Rlynn figured out and I’ve made progress on it. :blush:

2 Likes

Fave mini: mini Blizzard from Dairy Queen. It’s just the right size so I don’t have to feel too guilty and am not tired of it before I finish.

I have the base for the _______ _______ I’m making thanks to some help from my husband and a dremel. We tried to use the table saw but no beans. Now my garage smells like smoke. And I ordered a ___ _____ to pick up later today at the craft store. Finishing in time is going to be a race though. Fingers crossed I pull it off.

2 Likes

Favorite mini: candy bars! The little ones are just right for a bit of sweet without having to commit to a full size.
Finishing up Use What You Have (hope to mail out tomorrow) and then working on OTT.

2 Likes

Anything tiny… as someone who is collecting tiny things for a future dollhouse (it’s under the bed, still in its box) I have gotten good at picking up all sorts of small and tiny things. I especially love finding original art that is dollhouse sized. I have purchased pendants and earrings that I will re-fashion for the dollhouse. ALL THE TINY THINGS ARE MY FAVORITE!

4 Likes

I really like small canvases and need to find small frames to go with them.

1 Like

Lol. Of course you would! That is the perfect answer.

I have the iPhone mini and I love it.

And mini dachshunds. Don’t have one but they are so flipping cute.

3 Likes

Im the opposite. I have a Galaxy Ulta. Big!

I’ve made great progress on @Manders OTT. I think I may actually be ready to ship both packages next week.

Edit: I have finished @artsycandice’s OTT. I really like how it turned out, and I’m definitely going to be ready to ship early next week.

4 Likes

I am working on the same thing for the third time. I’m not liking the results so I might have to try something else :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m with @curiousfae ! I have an iPhone 13 Mini because my hands and pockets are small! :laughing: I can’t even hold on to that without the strap I have on the case…

I have had to pivot a little on my design. I was mentally over-estimating 4 inches, and needed to tweak some things. Plugging away, though! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Oh. I am barely 5 feet, and my phone does NOT fit in my hand at all! :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

I have made excellent progress on @Rlynn’s piece. It’s a subject I love and I think I will be sad to see it go, but will absolutely be making more. <3

2 Likes

I love sliders because you can pick a few different types/flavors!

I made good progress on my item and would consider it finished, but then started crawling down the rabbit hole that is Pinterest and IG and want to start over and try to make it even better! I’m going to restart tonight and see which one I like best before sendouts!

4 Likes

After working on something for a week I made a u turn and changed direction completely. So far so good. I’m hoping I don’t regret the decision. It’ll be so fun if it turns out the way I picture in my head.

2 Likes

I’m so curious @artsycandice . :slight_smile: I’m sure I’m going to love it. I’m organizing my office this weekend (after more than a year living here because adulting is hard) and plan on hanging an owl head piece I got from you in that room. It makes me smile.

I am finished with both OTT items. I really like how they both turned out. A little impressed that I managed to make them 4 inches, which is so much smaller than I anticipated. I had to redo the item I started for @artsycandice but after that minor hiccup the second try came together nicely. I almost abandoned the one for @Manders to try something altogether different but my kid encouraged me to not abandon the idea too quickly. I’m glad I listened.

I have two days of packed work meetings so I may not ship until Thursday. If I can easily find shipping supplies and find time to wrap everything up I may ship sooner.

5 Likes

Both boxes are in my mailbox just waiting for the mail person to pick them up.

Hope my partners enjoy what I made them!

2 Likes