Painting Class Projects Part 1

I’ve been wanting to get into painting more for a long time, so I finally purchased some video classes and dove in.

The classes are designed to getting us used to using color and not being afraid to paint layers over layers, etc. It’s helping me a lot just to become comfortable and not intimidated by the paints. For the most part I’m copying the teacher’s compositions almost exactly, but of course they do turn out a little different.

Here are the results of my first two lessons:

A neighbor and I are doing these together, which I think will help keep me motivated! I doubt we’ll have time for another session until mid-January at the earliest, but I look forward to it!

16 Likes

I have been eyeing her classes for months! You are doing so good already!!!

You should join the art journal along! We do all sorts of classes in our journals…and many of us have signed on to way more classes that we ever can do…lol…

I love the vibrant colors she uses and the very doable designs! Maybe I will final sign up…can’t wait to see what you do!!!

2 Likes

Awesome way to dive into a new craft! You’re off to a great start! Can’t wait to see more.

1 Like

Vibrant & beautiful! Looks like so much fun.

1 Like

These look great and love the bright, vivid colors!

2 Likes

Great colors! They almost yell, “hey, I’m trying something new and it’s awesome!” I love that you’re jumping in to something new with both feet!

1 Like

These are great. I love he way they extend the binding and create one page instead of two, while keeping them separate. My brain would have a hard time doing that.

2 Likes

what fun pages! and arting with a friend is always great.

2 Likes

Ooh, I love hot hot the colours are! Perfect for a hit of heat in this snow, brrr.

1 Like

Gorgeous and lovely colors! The layering is superb.

1 Like