Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2022

the faux bois is going to be perfect for so many projects!

2 Likes

The fish! Oh, I am enchanted by themโ€ฆ

1 Like

Great ideas - love the fish too.

2 Likes

I love these little elements! How did you do the textures on them? Are they stamps, drawings, some of both?

2 Likes

Thanks! Itโ€™s all fine-line pen or sharpie-size marker (black, white, or brown) on top of overwrought watercolor combinations. Iโ€™m trying to use up my cheaper-than-Crayola variety, which are naturally more of a challenge to work with and less satisfying, but doodling on top covers a multitude of sins! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
The fortune fish of @Smmarrt got me thinking we donโ€™t see enough fish in art projects!

2 Likes

Paper swap is posted - see you there!

1 Like

if anyone is interested in a swap for Inchie Dice:

3 Likes

love your fodder pieces!

2 Likes

Did you know you can type on fabric? I did not.

This is washed but untreated muslin. I smudged with my finger and no result. I applied my aging solution (dirty paint water, coffee, and whatever else) and paint - still no smudging.

This is muslin with white gesso, clear gesso, and gel medium. I will type on this today.

But Iโ€™m thrilled that you can type on plain fabric!

Iโ€™m thinking fabric fortune cookies, fabric Valentines, and โ€ฆโ€ฆ

11 Likes

Great. Now I need a typewriter. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

My bestie called yesterday to ask if it was possible. She was looking at a typewriter and wanted to know before she bought it.

I did the above at home on a manual WeRMemory Keepers typewriter but I typically use the electric one at school.

1 Like

You can print on fabric too.

I cut a piece of cotton the same size as a page, taped it on and ran it through the printer. Worked just fine for me.

4 Likes

That Iโ€™ve done. Stuck fabric to freezer paper & run it through a printer. Has to be a certain kind, ink jet vs laser. I didnโ€™t test it in the laundry though.
I copied this little jackelop for an interactive quilt.

I think that went to @sloth003 , she made me the most amazing interactive Sesame Street quilt, OMG, the coolest.

7 Likes

That hangs beside my side door๐Ÿ˜Š

I used Bubble Jet Set 2000 to make a โ€œcabinet of curiosityโ€ botanical drawing quilt for a swap at the old place. Just soak fabric, dry, iron on to freezer paper and print. Peel paper off and set with the iron. My test samples were pretty colour fast.

3 Likes

Playing with a new card idea โ€ฆ shakers. Have to figure out how to get it flatter or attached from behind instead.

10 Likes

Fun!!

2 Likes

At my craft group yesterday we made cute pockets for sharing tea, gift cards, etc. I found a use for some of my copycat fodder :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Also more houses. Some made yesterday some made last week.

7 Likes

I figured out how to attach the shaker from behind but still not happy with the overall look. The happy birthday circle should be smaller and probably have something more than just a white background but nothing that distracts from the sequins.

4 Likes

How are you attaching it? Have you tried double sided tape? I use this tape I got from Amazon all the time, itโ€™s really strong

ETA - whoops I originally read that you werenโ€™t happy with how it was attached. I donโ€™t have any suggestions on composition. But I think your card is cute!

2 Likes

It looks pretty darn cute! How about a solid coloured circle around the shaker, on top of the edge, you know? To highlight it & make the opening a bit smaller?

2 Likes