Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2022

Now I want to break out my gelli plate…that was wonderful!

How’s everyone’s ICAD going? I think I made it about 11 days on mine before giving up. It was fun for a few days but started to get to be something I “had” to do not something I wanted to do so I gave myself permission to stop.

3 Likes

Do you have plans for how to use the cards now that you’re finished?

I liked the camera angle too. Often it’s shot from straight above but this was more like sitting across from her at her desk.

1 Like

I’ve been deep into the June Fodder school lessons so ICAD is on hold for me.

Making master boards

And cutting them into 2” x 3.5” (business card size) to make affirmation cards….

9 Likes

Wow! New ideas.

I am doing masterboards for the June fodder class as well…great way to use up all those scraps and tiny pieces.

2 Likes

Except for me, scraps beget more scraps!

2 Likes

I love these scrappy master boards!

1 Like

Same…lol…fabric and paper scraps tend to multiply at equal rates…

1 Like

A friend asked me to make a going away card for her colleague, she asked for a bee and this saying. She didn’t really like the one I made so gave more suggestions and this is what I came up with …

I’m not thrilled with it but she was.

8 Likes

It is too cute!! Do you have the one she didn’t like? I bet it was great as well!

This was my original one, using my own photo. At first she said it was cute but then changed her mind and asked for the paper bee.

4 Likes

Both are lovely, but I will admit, the splatters on the second one really makes it much more “artsy”…

1 Like

Those splatters are Gleaming Confetti glue, something I found a couple days ago and used for fun.

I finished 3 more ICADs this weekend. I’m working on 4” x 6” index cards so I’m ready for the next swap.

I’m a little bit in love with that last one.

And my finished Fodder School project - affirmation cards that I plan to abandon in Little Free libraries in SF and this weekend in Encinitas while visiting my mom & sisters.

I have about 30 finished and hope to get 20+ more done by Friday.

11 Likes

This fish with the enormous eye is such a happy maker! I feel so totally uplifted just looking at that great expression. Put it up somewhere you’ll see it all the time.

1 Like

It’s from a children’s book. A silver something….I think I will glue these into my art journal.

Silver Darling?

Silversides…more like a smelt…great bait fish…they are pretty small.

Anywhere, I came here to say that I think members of LC are ahead of the curve when it comes to paper crafting…I sort of feel that a lot of the lessons in the Fodder School are old hat…I have seen most of the techniques here…

I was surprised how so many people think the “Master sheet” is genius and had never heard of them when we have our own Masterboard gurus here!

I don’t think I will be signing up for the second one. I found a lot of the projects old hat.