Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

nope, do you!

Doodling and lettering took SO.LONG. I had no idea. So I would say some pre-painted pages, maybe with some stenciling already? And then the other supplies you and AIMR mentioned will be ready to go throughout the week.

Oh, and a selection of quotes or words. Phrases. Lyrics. That you already like.

Have a great time!

1 Like

Working on a master board, I hate it so far. Lol

5 Likes

I love the teal and yellow. It’ll come - just keep adding.

What Smmarrt said. And also keep in mind that they’re traditionally cut down into much smaller pieces, so the overall look can be misleading (for lack of a better word).

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I loved @geekgirl 's Face in the Woods so much, I made my own version:

I didn’t go as far as she did, and dialed back some of the very strong colors I don’t find as appealing from Teesha’s influence (my only previous forray), but I’m pleased with how it turned out. Thanks so much for the inspiration, gg - You’re a Rockstar!

@geekgirl 's original post:
A Completed Art Journal

6 Likes

I love your version…wonderful to be inspired by others who share their process and answer our questions! @geekgirl is indeed a wonderful mentor

4 Likes

VERY MUCH, YES. She is very patient with answering my million questions, and offering her experience as well. Good stuff, indeed.

4 Likes

You guys… you’re making me blush :blush:

@JoyfulClover I really like your version. I like how the speckles on your flowers make me think of berries. And I like the shape of the face with the white eyes.

And as always your lettering is great!

2 Likes

Thank you, Yoda!

I’m running out of yearbook photos to alter so i made a digital collage sheet for myself of the remaining ladies. Of course my printer is seriously messed up so can’t print them. (I was hoping to do print and cut on the cricut with them) oh well, guess i’ll just have to share my sheet with you all instead! Have fun!

6 Likes

Thanks, @audity!!

1 Like

Yes, thank you! Look at all those young, happy faces!

1 Like

These look so great! Can I please ask, how did you make the backgrounds of the cards?

I finished some coffee sleeve books. I have more to bind. Copy paper pages and simple pamphlet stitch.

4 Likes

Thank you

These are fun! Small places to doodle!

What a brilliant idea to reuse coffee sleeves this way! I’m tucking this idea away in case I get any sleeves. I gave up coffee, but I bet if I put out a call for them, I’d end up with a stash in very short order!

@audity: sometimes I wonder if my ugly hs photos will end up on someone’s collage sheet. :smiley:

@Smmarrt: I love, love, love your coffee sleeve books! What a great idea.

2 Likes

I don’t drink coffee. My coworkers save them for me and my family does also!