Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

Oh yes, I remember this! Well, it’s turned into a great boon!

• Snicker * Did you leave it?
1 Like

I would have picked this up, too. The covers are wonderful! And I love you kept some of the artwork!

I’m sitting at a pizza place right now, right across the street from a thrift store. I’m going to head over and see what books I can find for cutting up!

5 Likes

I made some masterboards today and used dry wall tape like geekgirl mentioned in her tutorial post. So cool.

Here’s my favorite one all cut up.

Here they are not quite finished and an atc I made. I was trying for our Zetti challenge. How’d I do?

10 Likes

It’s so little!

I can see many of her zetti details!

I was on a roll and created a whole 'lotta Zetti style atcs like these:

6 Likes

I LOOOVE your master board!!! The drywall tape texture is really something, I will add it to my list of supplies!

1 Like

I love the bright colors, and great use of the drywall tape!

Hmmmm, I have the tape with the squares…I want the tape with the holes.
Will try this for sure!

Here’s my project. Taking my cues from the article Smmarrt posted, I went for bright colors, b&w patterns, whimsified humans, and text. This is ATC sized.

5 Likes

The heart over his mouth is a great element! Good job.

Nice use of that colorful paper you created…and I just enjoy the unexpected, like the heart over the mouth…such interesting details gets the brain thinking about how you feel about the piece, what was the intention, if any, etc…art just evokes all sorts of emotions and thoughts…this one could be a bit disturbing or uplifting…I like it a lot!

(A gentleman knows when to hold his tongue…? A young man confused and unable to speak of love?)

3 Likes

Being cynical a guy talking of love to get what he wants, especially with “boom baby”.

Not being cynical, I love this - colours, b&w, those tiles in the background … lovely job.

1 Like

I have really been enjoying looking at this thread and seeing everyone’s cool art works!

I had a try at a zetti style piece this morning - it was lot of fun doing something quite different from my normal style. Good to get out of a rut!

Thanks everyone for the inspiration!

7 Likes

Ooooooooh. Look at you, ticking all the zetti marks! I see all those pieces-parts!

:heartbeat: :metal:

1 Like

I like your figure…it is an odd pairing and disproportionate as is the style…

Nice work…

1 Like

I like all of these interpretations. I’m embarrassed to say my “intention” was mostly “I need something to check off the add-whimsy-to-a-human-figure-box,” so it means whatever you want it to mean.

I especially love the text-as-pattern bits. And I agree about getting out of one’s normal style. I wasn’t planning to do this month’s challenge initially because I’m not good at having the courage to suck at something new, and how can I be expected to make something in a style with no actual definition :unamused:?! But now I kind of want to do more of them.

2 Likes

You should do more! I enjoyed your piece and you succeeded because each person can look at it and see what they want and wonder…

Delightful to know you also stepped out of your comfort zone…and what a nice result!

Yes! Me too :smiley: it was fun doing something with very little idea of how it would turn out.

I really like the colour choices in your piece, and how the image is open to all sorts of ideas!

Here is my zetti journal page:

And because I was on a roll I decided to make another and use only cut outs from junk mail

Then I made another page and I’m not really sure if it’s zettie style but I really liked it

This page isn’t finished but I am loving her french fry crown.

9 Likes