Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

GG, I see all the zetti components. You rocked the shizz out of those eyes in the first! I love your reuse of shapes into body parts. That is some good stuff, there.

I see a lot of your personal influence in the 3rd. I love her hair.

And I want my own fry crown. Like, right now.

:heartbeat: :metal:

These are all so cool! Unfortunately, a fry crown would not last long for me… :rofl:

1 Like

those are sooo great! they are all suuuppppeeerrr zetti and i would even say the one you think isn’t zetti enough is the most zetti! Love the paper tall scallop-ish design!

1 Like

Finished up these atcs tonight

7 Likes

Those are great!

Love seeing the background details and then how you snarky them up!

I loved looking through all the wonderful projects in this thread.

If you Art Journal, please consider to post in this thread too: Show us your Art Journal pages

1 Like

Dang @audity, how do you do that? Your backgrounds are so excellent!

They look fantastic… and how do you come up with those phrases!!!

The backgrounds are a bit of a cheat, scrapbook paper that is super mixed media looking. I’ve had it in my stash forever. I’ll explain more when I make their own post!

These are radio head lyrics. I will explain why I choose these when I make their own post.

1 Like

One of my favorite things about this challenge is how we’ve taken what is, to my understanding, a term one specific person coined to describe her specific style and have created such diverse projects.

@geekgirl, I’m consumed by the thing coming out of the woman’s neck in page one, and I can’t wait to see how Queen Frycrown turns out. I keep thinking the woman in page two is Judi Dench (if she isn’t, don’t tell me).

@audity Love your use of the lyrics. I’m getting a kick out of imagining them as actual yearbook quotations.

I thought of The Dame as well, but couldn’t remember her name! Yes!

omg now i need to make a set with actual weird yearbook quotes!!!

Working on several projects. Fishy bookmarks, need to laminate and then send off to Lana and her group.

More altered tickets.

And trying to make mini paper donuts. Why? I say why not. This is about 1.5 inches, with puffy paint for the icing. The center cutout is the challenge.

5 Likes

I love the fishy bookmarks! I got my stamps, and I’m hoping that once I get back after our current school break I can get my team to make a set of fish for the entire school in time for April Fool’s day. Our school has a focus on Social Emotional Learning this year, so I’m hoping my team will embrace it as a positive thing to do on April Fool’s Day.

And, I really love your altered tickets. It give me something to do with all of those ticket halves that you are supposed to “Keep.” I keep them for far longer than I should… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think that is the overall theme this year. Our school has a focus on that, too, and that was the theme of the art conference PD I went to with my art teacher friend.

I was just thinking today that I need to make some of these, too. Inspired.

1 Like

I have been steady working on my zetti pieces. In retro, I probably should have started on ATC size. But no, I started full sized - like 11x7. and I started with FIVE OF THESE SUCKHAS. I mean, why just stick a toe in, when you can just cannonball.

and then I sunk like stone, because I was lacking enough eyeballs, arms, and feets. Le sigh. GUESS WHO GOTS SOME BODY PARTS TODAY?? thumbs to chest MEEEEEEE!!!

In conclusion, I am still working on mine. But needed to adequately supply my pieces-parts. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

5 Likes

Where did you get your body parts from? I’d love to have a go at this, but don’t have magazines etc to get bits from.

1 Like

I was lucky enough to get them from our mailroom at work. BUT, my backup option was going to go to a library or a waiting room. and I did consider actually buying a magazine as well. But that was a last resort option to me.

If you have a selection, and can only choose one, make sure you look for one with multiple faces and eyes. Then some hands, and feet. But the first 2 are most important. From there, her style can be drawn or cobbled together from little bits. And I don’t know about your thrift stores, but my thrift stores, actually sell magazines at very reduced prices. So also an option.

Even a mailing catalog will work Oh Sears, where is the thick Christmas issue when I need you?

1 Like

Totally agree on the magazine acquisition - need to find some good ones. There is one thrift store that sells them for 10 - 25 cents. And yes, in some of the old Teesha Moore videos - she make legs and feet with just black and white stripes or harlequin design or checkerboard. So you can make up the bits you don’t have.

And I am working on a Zetti-style accordion book with some collages from Teesha Moore herself (digital downloads,) and some rubber stamps that have a Zetti feel. There’s still 2 weeks in February so I don’t feel too far behind…

4 Likes