Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

No texture paste. I just used cooper metallic acrylic. Like the cheap craft kind. Which is thinner than the liquidated basics I use for basic colors so the paint kinda pooled up at the edges

Thanks :slight_smile: I woke up too late this time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Looks like you guys had fun! I enjoy seeing what everyone made :smile:

1 Like

I appreciate the earlier reviews on Distress and Oxide Inks - those are the only spray inks available locally lately, in very few colors, and now I’m glad I didn’t get them. I can keep getting by with the little watercolor cakes and old gouache tubes I’ve been trying for years to use up. I bought one bottle of Dylusions glimmer spray online and I really like the color intensity but I haven’t done much with it yet.

I haven’t tried the sprays. I was talking about the ink pads specifically. Maybe the sprays are better?

So, I had to take my crafting table down to make room for my new TV, so I didn’t get the page done. But, I’ll be working on it this week in fits and starts.

On a completely separate note…

I think that someone in the early days of this thread mentioned a napkin swap- the decorative napkins that can be used as backgrounds or elements on journal pages. I hit our local bargain chain and got a whole bunch of packs of decorative napkins. At one point, as I was trying to squeeze a package (at the bottom of the cage-like bin) through the openings in the bin, I glanced up to see a young child just watching. I could only imagine that I looked like a slightly madwoman with packs of napkins scattered on the floor around me, as I wrestled with another pack. So, if the swap ever comes to fruition, I’ll be ready…

3 Likes

I traded with one person - she was the original poster for this idea. I am happy to trade privately if you want. PM me.

@Edel … what did you buy on AliExpress? I’m curious :wink:

What don’t I buy. It’s always about 2am when insomnia hits. I bought some blenders and lots of pigment powders, in pretty colours, also a set of calligraphy inks. I’m going to have a go and making my own paints/sprays etc, with the pigments.

4 Likes

I’m interested!

@PrincessP do you think acrylics would work for this technique?

2 Likes

I think you’d have a better chance with an ink pen/fineliner and a black watercolour? Unless you could make your acrylics translucent somehow?

1 Like

I sent a PM to everyone I think expressed interest. If you want to join in and need the link let me know.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s what I figured. I ordered some ink so hopefully it’s here on time :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I know people had questions about gel mediums and I couldn’t really answer them. I came across this link which is really informative

4 Likes

@geekgirl thanks for that, that’s really useful.

I’m art journaling my Corona isolation woes away. I found a guided art journal video on YouTube. This was my result.

8 Likes

Oh, I love this! It reminds me of the cosmos. Would you mind sharing the video you used? This looks like a fun one to try!

this looks great!

I love this, @Edel! Do you have the link for the tutorial?

This is the woman, I did the teal one at the end of this set

3 Likes

I actually like yours better. it has a lot more texture and interest to it.

Aw, thank you honey. There is a regularity to my border that I only saw at the end, that I don’t love. But in general I like it, and really enjoyed doing it.