Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

Lots of fun techniques to try today! So great seeing you guys…always nice making a happy mess and then buying new supplies!

Here is mine…the background paint is really thick so next time I will use more water…did not get as much texture as I wanted with the plastic wrap…also, I need a white charcoal pencil and probably some talent… :rofl:

Anyway, here is mine…I am going to keep practicing those shading circles! Fun to do!

8 Likes

Wow. All of those pieces are sooo cool. I love how different they are while being so similar too.
I might have to try that one on my own.

I watched 2 videos on YouTube by Gi Kerr. In the first, she made mini envelopes with a punch. In the second, she demonstrated how to make mini envelopes without a punch.

So I made a bunch without a punch.

I free-handed cutting out 2” and 3” squares
Some are plain book text, and some are book text with decorative napkins collaged together.

Then I thought I could use a tag punch so I tried that with Dina Wakley paper.

I added the bulb pins, Tim Holtz chat stickers and voila! Lots of embellishments looking for a home. I’m kinda obsessed right now so I’ll make more tomorrow.

11 Likes

Those are really cute!

1 Like

That’s really fun!

1 Like

Do you remember roughly what the videos were called (if I wanted to hunt them down)? I’d love to make some mini envelopes, especially if I can do it without an envelope-y template.

Sure. Her channel is her name - Gi Kerr.

Here are the links:

First - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EW00yPi7V4&t=535s

Second - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyvUjaS1Mho&t=303s

Third (from today) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWOAsZ85Uzk

2 Likes

Those are great. Tiny envelopes are so fun

1 Like

Why is everything so cute when it is made tiny?! Love those little envelopes with the little sayings! Thanks for the links!

2 Likes

Oh, I think I could actually pull that off! Maybe even on the couch, while watching TV…

Thanks for the tip, and the inspo!

Hey guys! I’m starting to plan out my Xmas cards for this season and I am running low on my sticker maker refills. The size I want/need is not currently in stock and I don’t know if I want to wait ten days to get it :stuck_out_tongue: Soooooo is there a good glue stick option anyone can recommend? I don’t usually use glue anymore so I’m clueless on where to start. I will be sticking scrapbook paper to cardstock and would like a smooth, permanent, and possibly archival finish.

Thanks!!! :kissing_heart:

I like the 89-cent Dick Blick glue stick.
But i just started using the “Creative” something from Scotch - I think it’s about $4. a tube.
And the triangle-shaped one by Ranger is good too.

Many of the artists I follow/watch love the UHU stick.

That’s 4 suggestions - I don’t mean to confuse you. But the Blick is my personal favorite.

1 Like

I’m not a capital-P Papercrafter, but I’ve gone old-school with a UHU stick for a small Christmas project I’m working on, and I’ve been happy so far.

2 Likes

Thank you both! I ordered a UHU stick because it was the easiest to find :sweat_smile: I’ll be getting it on Thursday. Woo hoo!

2 Likes

Any plans for the next zoom-along?

Not yet - got anything in mind?

How have I missed two journaling-along. I’ve not be online much, lockdown is beating me up a bit. If anyone is organising any zooms, please invite me

But I did two pages today.

11 Likes

Those pages are gorgeous @Edel

They really are! I love the additional b&w trim on the first. But the softness of the second. Nice!

These are gorgeous Edel!