Peek Behind The Curtains Challenge - CLOSED

PeekChallengeApril2023

:heart_hands: :eyes: :mega: :eye: :loudspeaker: :person_cartwheeling: :heart_hands: :eyes: :mega: :eye: :loudspeaker: :person_cartwheeling::heart_hands: :eyes: :mega: :eye: :loudspeaker: :person_cartwheeling::heart_hands: :eyes: :mega: :eye: :loudspeaker: :person_cartwheeling::heart_hands: :eyes: :mega: :eye: :loudspeaker:

We see you there crafting away on wonderful things that we don’t get the joy of seeing in all their majestic awesomeness! It’s time to share the results of your dedicated labor and creative genius!

YOUR MISSION: Create a thread of a project you made between January 2020 and April 2, 2023, but not yet shared in its own thread! But wait, there’s more! For this challenge you can enter up to three (3) projects, simply by creating three (3) threads! (and posting links here in this thread)

YOUR TIME FRAME: 12:01AM US Pacific Time on Monday, April 3, 2023 - 12:00 Midnight US Pacific Time on Wednesday, April 19, 2023.

AH, WHAT QUALIFES, EXACTLY?
~Projects you just never got around to posting
~Projects that you just plum forgot to post
~Projects you posted about in the Lounge, but didn’t share otherwise
~Projects you shared Snapshots of, but that’s it: Part 1 or Part 2
~Projects you shared in one of our awesome Craftalongs and didn’t share on their own
~Swap projects that didn’t get the spotlight they deserve outside of the Swap Gallery

:heart_hands: :eyes: :mega: :eye: :loudspeaker: :person_cartwheeling: :heart_hands: :eyes: :mega: :eye: :loudspeaker: :person_cartwheeling::heart_hands: :eyes: :mega: :eye: :loudspeaker: :person_cartwheeling::heart_hands: :eyes: :mega: :eye: :loudspeaker: :person_cartwheeling::heart_hands: :eyes: :mega: :eye: :loudspeaker:

The Rules:

• The goal with this challenge is to create a dedicated thread for a project you have completed between the beginning of Lettuce Craft (January 2020) and the day before the Challenge began (April 2, 2023).
  • Your craft may be any medium that that fits an existing Lettuce Craft category.
  • You DO NOT need any special verbiage in your title for this Challenge, but you MUST provide a link to each of your entries by posting them in this Challenge thread.
  • Each member may create and submit UP TO THREE (3) ENTRIES, which cannot be posted on its own thread prior to this Challenge beginning. It can however been posted in a LettuceCraft Craft-along, Swap Gallery, Lounge thread, Discussion & Questions post, etc.
  • If you post more than one project, be sure each project is distinct. Example: Don’t post 3 simple crochet washcloths that just happen to use 3 different yarns as 3 posts. Just use your sense of reason.
  • Your entry may not be submitted for any other contest in this community.
  • All entries must be posted by midnight on Wednesday, April 19, US Pacific Time. (LC will timestamp your post.)

The winner of the PEEK BEHIND THE CURTAINS CHALLENGE will receive a $20 Amazon gift card AND the joy of knowing you have made someone’s day a little brighter by having seen your project and that your creativity could inspire another maker’s!

Additional Details:

• You should submit your entry by creating a project post on the correct Completed Projects sub-board for your medium. (Ie. a recipe on the Food & Drinks board)
  • Once you have posted your submission, you need to reply to this thread with a link to each of your posts. If you do not do this, your entry will not be considered.
  • The winner of this challenge will be decided by a random drawing, not a poll. Participants will have their name entered once for every qualifying post they make, up to three.
  • The winner will be drawn on April 20 - we will contact you via Private Message, after the announcement.
  • If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entries will be disqualified.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Of SIXTY-TWO (62) entries by so many wonderful members, @thanate was randomly selected! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Please post encouragement to your fellow makers right here in this thread! @@@ Questions go here, too.

ENTRANTS x THEIR NUMBER OF ENTRIES
Listed such that copying and pasting into the random drawing app might be easiest.
storerboughtcreation
storerboughtcreation
storerboughtcreation
Magpie
Magpie
Magpie
tendstowardschaos
tendstowardschaos
tendstowardschaos
jellybean
jellybean
jellybean
Bunny2kenobi
Bunny1kenobi
Cindy
Cindy
Cindy
Anna
Renstar
Renstar
Renstar
Annchen
Annchen
Annchen
sheepBlue
sheepBlue
sheepBlue
endymion
endymion
Audiobooklover
audiobooklover
audiobooklover
Animegirlie
susieoregon
Megwell
Megwell
Megwell
jemimah
jemimah
jemimah
photojenn
photojenn
photojenn
Trillian
Trillian
Trillian
bluebird
bluebird
bluebird
Reinikka
Reinikka
Immaculata
Immaculata
Immaculata
thanate
thanate
thanate
geekgirl
geekgirl
geekgirl
fishstix43
MistressJennie

19 Likes

I love this challenge idea! I’m guilty of posting lots of stuff in other threads and never getting around to making dedicated project threads. I’ll go sleuthing through my old posts this week.

10 Likes

Bwahaha, now I know why I’ve been procrastinating posting those projects :face_with_hand_over_mouth:!

8 Likes

Well, I’m feeling a bit called out by this one! :grin: I guess I’d better actually get around to sorting some of those photos I meant to post ages ago…

10 Likes

YASSSSS! Show us your goods, y’all! But make sure you wait until April 3, 12:01am US Pacific Time!

4 Likes

It should be fun to see all the new project posts going up!

7 Likes

Cool! I’ve been meaning to post a set of projects, maybe this will get me to actually do it!

7 Likes

I usually show you guys everything right away but I just so happen to have a couple swap packages in the mail, perfect timing!

7 Likes

What a great challenge idea! I have a whole bunch of things I’ve made over the last couple of years that I’ve never got around to taking pics of or sharing.

7 Likes

I’m going to go through my phone’s camera roll and see what I haven’t posted. Apparently I have 6,158 photos taken during that date range, so it’ll take a little bit of time :sweat_smile:.

8 Likes

Ha! I just posted a few of those yesterday, right before the challenge started. But I may have more… :wink:

5 Likes

I am so excited to see all these mystery projects! I hope some of our members who are active swappers and craft-alongers who rarely make posts of their crafts will catch all of your enthusiasm!!!

4 Likes

Oh my gosh! Now I can get rid of some of the guilt from only posting things in the HPC. :smiley: There’s one I’ve been meaning to do, but I’m sure I can come up with more.

4 Likes

I’ll have to look through my old projects! I usually feel that a lot of my projects (or their photos) aren’t good enough for their own post, but I’m sure I can find a few. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There is truly no way that this is true!

5 Likes

Have I actually started and finished something in that time??? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

7 Likes

I really love this idea, and I went through and found a few projects that I never created posts for outside of the Nerd Games.

Did I do this right? Thank you for the reminder to share more outside of the craftalongs!

11 Likes

This is an awesome challenge idea and I can’t wait to see what folks dig up!

2 Likes

Oh, I have got one! I posted this in a craftalong but never gave it it’s own thread!
Behold, the Frilly Apron of Ridiculousness that I made as a surprise for @curiousfae!

7 Likes

We are off to a roaring start, folks! I will start a master list in the OP in a little bit!

@storerboughtcreation Perfect!

@Magpie WOO HOO!

4 Likes