Pet Portrait for Humane Society Fundraiser

Our local animal rescue group does this once or twice a year for fundraising. They call it Awkward Pet Portraits. We loved the ones we ended up with recently because they perfectly captured the personality of our dogs.

8 Likes

I love it!! I would rather do something more like that! lol Maybe I will volunteer for YOUR area fundraiser!

These are the original photos. I’m so impressed how the artists saw the subtle expressions in them.

5 Likes

I agree! Art is meant to be expressive and capture a “feeling”…

1 Like

BEAUTIFULLY done!

Awwww I love it, beautiful and I love that you kept his little toothy grin! :heart:

1 Like

Hey, everyone…the Humane Society Fundraiser that I donated this pet portrait to is holding a contest on what pet will be the cover of their e-booklet for 2022!

If you are inclined, please vote. You don’t have to vote for my portrait, of course, but, I would appreciate any votes or comments just to be part of the fundraiser! Thanks!

BTW, if you click on the “i” info button, you will see the name. The pen and ink drawing of SUMO is my sister’s cat…and it is gorgeous and looks just him!

Vote for a good cause

1 Like

Very, very late replying … you did a wonderful job! The green background makes the dog stand out so well.

1 Like