Pilgrimage, Needle Felting

Excellently done! I’m still trying to work my way up to trying needle felting, although I have a kit waiting. You’ve given him such a sweet expression, and all the accessories are amazing!

1 Like

That made my day!! THANKS!! :mouse:

I started with a kit to make mice. I read the instructions, threw them away and have been teaching myself ever since! :wink:

Needle felting is a very forgiving medium. If you have the fiber you can make huge mistakes and be able to correct them. When I first started needle felting cats, I had one where the head was just the wrong proportion for the body so I cut it off and made a new head and no one is the wiser except me! :wink:

If you have questions when you start your kit, please just ask!
What’s the kit for? mouse? fox? rabbit? or something completely different?

1 Like

That’s awesome! I also love that somewhere there is clearly a floating cat head made of felt. :smiley: My kit is to make bees. I’m wanting to participate in a local crafting challenge that is been themed, and I want to embroider flowers and have 3D bees. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OMG he is just adoooorable, look at his little face and feet, squeeeee!!!

1 Like

Sounds like a fun challenge!!

I was asked way back at the time of the Ozma of Oz cat head to make a monster creature so the head got used in that project and was given a loving home!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!! :mouse:

It’s always interesting to me how when sculpting the face small variations (because I use pretty much the same approach every time) end up changing the look and personality. They may start off the same but the more work I do, the more they start directing me so to speak!

That face is so cute! I love the accessories. You thought of it all right down to the last detail!

1 Like

This is so cute and I want him right now!

I feel so many of my childhood vibes from these photos. Such love, Harlan.

You’re got quite a diverse community by now!

Thank you!! I really enjoy details and the problem solving that is involved in making them! :mouse:

Thank you very much!! ::mouse:

Thanks!!
Diverse Creature Community Center - probably a diorama that I should make! :mouse:

1 Like

WOW! What a fun traveling companion! Such tiny hands!

1 Like

Thank you!! :mouse:
I think I am finally happy with the way I am now making hands. It’s efficient and looks a lot better than when I was using fine yarn.

1 Like