Plague Doctor Trinket Box

I made this trinket box for @Rlynn for the OTT Swap!

I started off by sanding the box, then painting it white. I then painted over the white with a mossy green. I then sanded it again to have some of the white showing through. I then made a black wash. I went over the whole thing with it, which is the resulting color of the box. It was just the feel I was going for!
I found a great tutorial on how to draw a plague doctor as well as the rats. :blush:
After I finished painting everything I sprayed the box with an acrylic clear coat.

I don’t have in progress shots, womp womp.

12 Likes

I love my trinket box! I’m still undecided what treasure it will hold. It’s got to be something special enough for such a cool box! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Very cool! The sanding and blackwash effect is perfect!

2 Likes

I’m so glad you like it! I once made a “Don’t Starve” trinket box back in the Craftster days, and I really wanted to do another one. :purple_heart:

1 Like

The distressed coloring of the box is perfect, and I love those little rats! So innocent and destructive. The pocket full of posies was a great touch too!

2 Likes

Pocket full of posies! So clever! What a fantastic box!!

2 Likes

This is both well-executed and adorable. The little rat and the skull inside make me smile. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Such a perfect box and gorgeous work! The attention to detail shows and I love the effect you achieved with the sanding and washes. The little skull inside is my fave detail!

1 Like

You’ve somehow made a plague cute!

1 Like