Plaid/herringbone ‘infinity’ scarf - Craft the Equinox 2022 Challenge Entry

I decided on a black&white theme for my equinox challenge - night/moon vs sunshine/day. Then, double sided, hmmmm - I know, double-sided infinity scarf! So i dug through my stash and found these two flannel fabrics. Then i realized I couldn’t make it a true infinity, as I didn’t want to twist it before connecting the ends, & have mis-matched fabrics joining together. So, thus the quotes around infinity! :wink:

I made it wide & cuddly/snuggly as I will wear this when out walking on winter mornings/evenings. It will wrap around my neck twice, or I can wear it over my head/ears & once around my neck. Then I cut out Moon phases from white felt, stitched them onto a wide black grosgrain ribbon, wrapped the ribbon around one of the seams in the scarf - decorative but also hiding where my straight seam was not straight.- and stitched it down. So it’s the Moon, in contrast to the Sun, and matching the black/white theme, and it’s another layer of the equinox challenge!

15 Likes

Oooo! It looks nice and snuggly! Love the moon phase accent.

1 Like

What a fun interpretation of the challenge!

1 Like

Ooooo! I love the mixing of the b/w checks on this and the nice moon phases strip, too! This looks like a really nice level of warm for being active in the cool weather.

1 Like

Just 2 DAYS more for everyone to enter their own cool project into the Craft The Equinox Challenge!

1 Like

I’m a sucker for a black and white check. Love this!

2 Likes

So cozy looking! I love your little details. :slight_smile:

Great for the challenge! Looks very cuddly.

1 Like

Beautiful and practical!

Your project reminds me of how much I absolutely love herringbone in black and white…

Your addition of the phases of the moon truly makes this a unique to you project…this is why we sew, right? Just love it so much!

1 Like

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny:

It’s time to vote! The poll is live through Oct 27! Choose carefully, friends!

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny:

1 Like