It’s been ages since I made any clothing for me, a few years in fact. But I’m trying to use my stash and to stop buying cheap clothing that I don’t love. I made a pattern from an existing tunic that I have, it’s loose and swingy (essential when I’m having a hot flash mid lecture!) And used fabric that I’ve in my stash for at least 10 years, probably 12. And I actually like how it turned out. It’s a-line, with a big gore in the front. And a lower hem at the back.
I dusted off my serger for this- I had to wrestle it from the paws of some spiders who’d been happily living in for at least the last 7 years. Had to rethread it (aargh) but it was worth it. It is the best for stretchy fabrics, it zips through them and no uneven stretching of the seams.
It is very difficult to take pictures of yourself
Off now to add a few decorative buttons. I don’t like how the centre front neck band gapes a little so I’m going to put in a dart and cover it with a button