COMPLETED - Positive Affirmations swap

Sorry guys… I really thought about it. I have to have EVERYTHING boxed up by month’s end. We’ll be living out of suitcases for almost 3 weeks. I know it’s a small swap but I just can’t add anything else to my plate. :cry:

10 Likes

Completely get it.
If you want to do a personal swap along these lines once you get settled, message me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The move will be worth it! Then you can craft like a madwoman once you get all settled in. :slight_smile: Hopefully in time for some swaps before Christmas. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just sent in my signup form and can’t wait to get a partner and start making some positivity!

5 Likes

Crossing my fingers for that!!! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Sending sign up now!!

3 Likes

Welcome to the swap @kittykill, @Kwality570 and @jemimah!

Hey y’all, what are some of your favourite affirmations?
I’m working on a pin board today and find myself more attracted to the purely positive statements like: “Radiate Positivity” or “Shine Like The Stars” rather than: “Don’t wish for it, work for it.” which is a great sentiment but it has the word “don’t” in it and I’m all about “DO” right now. Even something like “Let yourself be inspired again.” isn’t quite right for me, what’s with the “again” part? I AM MADE of inspiration is more like it! Ya, baby!

I love this swap :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I’m really into quotes from my favorite movies/books/songs that work as positive affirmations. “Let it be”, “Here comes the sun” (Beatles), “And if it’s crazy, live a little crazy” (Greatest Showman), “It is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life” (Tolkien/LoTR)… I need to work on adding more to my pinterest! On further inspection I think I have pins from the last Positive Affirmations swap along with some favorite quotes that don’t exactly count as affirmations :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I have The Beatles on my list too! :laughing: “Let it be!”

I also have “May the force be with you” so you’re not alone on the movie quotes either. :wink:

Actually having recently fallen in love with Ted Lasso, my first affirmation is “be curious, not judgemental” from Walt Whitman. So that’s 3/5 movie/music quotes, haha. :heart:

4 Likes

One of my favorites and most transformative is “All of life comes to me with ease and joy.” The original version is “All of life comes to me with ease, joy and glory”, but I prefer the shorter.

And one that turned my world upside down: “I have always been good enough”.

I forgot to put it in my questionnaire, but I have become very fond of one brought to my attention by @megwell : “I can do hard things”.

I think we can read a person’s general areas of trouble in life by the affirmations they’re drawn to. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

One of my favorite quotes: “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” Positive in kind of a negative way, I guess.

“I can do hard things” is one that I use a LOT.

Also: “It is your choices that show what you truly are, far more than your abilities.“ -Dieter F. Uchtdorf

6 Likes

Some of my favorites lately (some are probably more on the motivation side and less specific to positive affirmations)

• You didn’t come this far to only get this far
  • You’ve survived 100% of your bad days
  • You can do anything for 5 minutes
  • Just start
  • You don’t have to, you get to
7 Likes

That last one I’m consciously applying to going to vote today.

4 Likes

Hmmmm…

One of my favorites right now is from me. “Eat the Marshmallow”. You know that experiment where they tell little kids if they don’t eat the marshmallow they will get a second one and then if they continue to wait they will continue to get more marshmallows? I f-ing hate that experiment. Eat the marshmallow! You never know what the next second of life has in store for you! Enjoy it now, while you can. Things can change in a matter of seconds, why wait to enjoy it. (also, that experiment is totally racist and classist, but that’s another story). Enjoy the pleasures you have in front of you now.

I also like, “Everyday is a battle, but whatever, I’m scrappy.” I love this because it reminds me of my scrappy dogs but also that I’m strong and smart.

I also love this one, it describes me in a nutshell: ”the premise is wacky, but you’re gonna dig it.”

8 Likes

A minute can change your life; choose your minutes.

“Be here, now!” Ram Dass

There truly are a lot of things to feel positive about these days and throughout life. I also think things change and what you need, the universe sends. I like getting to know each of you a bit more from the quotes you like now.

5 Likes

I’m really enjoying everyone’s different positive inspirations :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I have a heap of quotes and affirmations on my pinterest boards. I especially like words that encourage me to create and write, and ones that remind me to let go of feeling anxious.

I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it. - Vincent Van Gogh

progress over perfection

All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well. - Julian of Norwich

… and lots of quotes from Rumi and various writers and artists.

7 Likes

I went on a Pinterest search to get the 5 I included in my question form, but I kept coming across the same ones – not sure if my search terms were off or what.
I like seeing everyone’s choices!

I’d say my top 3 this week are:
I have the power to create change.
I am thankful for today.
Choose kindness & laugh often.

6 Likes

Ooo! Just saw this one, paraphrased for my own liking: I see clearly as my ego falls away.

7 Likes

I love all these affirmations! I don’t remember what I put on my Q but one that I am really appreciating is “Nothing great was ever achieved by being realistic.” - Tom Venuto. I tend to talk myself out of things, so for me this is a reminder that taking a giant faith leap is going to get you further than you’ll ever be able to get by taking small careful measured steps. And you might end up somewhere completely unexpected!

4 Likes

Welcome to the swap @kayrun!

2 Likes