Prayer Flag Swap Spring 2023 - Sign-ups CLOSED - Send outs July 10

GALLERY

Swap name: Prayer Flag Swap - Spring 2023

Sign-up date range: May 26 -June 9
Send out Date: July 10

You will craft one flag for your partner.

If your flag is fairly flat with no 3-D embellishments, you could send this in a business envelope. It is required that you use tracking however you choose to mail.

How to Make Prayer Flags (Instructions are from Cloth Paper Scissors. The article is no longer online.) These instructions are just a suggestion. You are free to modify your flag any way you want!

Cut pieces of fabric to 5" x 11". Use materials you already have on hand.

Fold the top down on each piece of fabric and stitch in place to create a 3" sleeve, making the flag surface 5" x 8".

Paint, stitch, embroider, appliqué, or collage the flags.

Add words, journaling, or symbols as desired. You can appliqué letters, add hand stitching, stencil with textile paint, or just write with a permanent marker.

Thread the flags onto a string or cord and hang them outdoors so the breeze will catch them and spread your intentions.

FLAGS can be made from fabric, yarn, man-made fabric-like material, canvas, scraps, and they can be embellished with embroidery, buttons, charms, beads, and whatever else you have on hand.
Flags are intended to be hung outside, with unfinished edges so the birds and weather carry away your good thoughts and wishes and spread them all over the world. You can make more finished flags and it is up to you and your partner if the flags are for decoration or sending good vibes out.

Details of swap:
–You will craft one prayer flag for each partner, keeping your partner’s preferences in mind.
– Please post in this thread at least once a week so we know you are still crafting with us.

Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: MightyMitochondria
Sign-up date range: May 26 -June 9
Send out Date: July 7
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional) NO

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?

Additional Age requirement? NONE

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES

SWAP QUESTIONNAIRE:

Questionnaire - Send to MightyMitochondria
Name of swap: Prayer Flag Swap -
Lettuce username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 18 years old: (YES/NO)
Do you want one or two partners?
Do you want to send & receive extras?
Any allergies?
Any allergens?
Inside or outside flags?
Link to Pinterest:
Anything else you need to share?
Please list 4 - 8 themes for your flags:

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO

Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO

Has posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES/NO
If within the US, understands that Tracking number is required for this swap: YES/NO
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE

Participants:

@MightyMitochondria
@Harlan
@Magpie
@Kwality570
@marionberries
@Abbeeroad
@Smmarrt
@chameleonhound
@thanate
@MistressJennie
@AIMR
@crafty-becky
@jemimah

PARTNERS
@Magpie@Harlan
@crafty-becky@Kwality570
@MightyMitochondria@thanate
@thanate@MistressJennie
@chameleonhound@Kwality570
@Abbeeroad@chameleonhound
@AIMR@Smmarrt
@AIMR@marionberries
@Smmarrt@jemimah
@Abbeeroad@jemimah
@MistressJennie@marionberries

7 Likes

If the pool hadn’t just opened and my son were old enough, I totally think he would enjoy this. He’s basically making them as he learns how to hand-sew. I’ll be looking forward to seeing your gallery and showing them to him!

6 Likes

Most of my flags have been positive and inspirational and I really enjoy making and gifting those. However, @mel asked for something sweary in the ongoing wish swap. I made her this and now I am hooked on the idea of irreverent quotes.

Censored version:

Sweary version:

11 Likes

A prayer swap. I love a little progect like this. And I haven’t added to my collection on a while.

I’ll send the Q when I am not on my phone…It’s easier to type on mt laptop

4 Likes

Oooh, exciting! @MightyMitochondria I may have to add that as a category when I send in my Q!

3 Likes

What is meant by “THEMES”?

1 Like

Is this the article on making prayer flags?

2 Likes

Great question, @Harlan. Themes are the types of quotes and/or imagery you want on your flag. Examples:

Birds
Trees
Spring flowers
Fall leaves
Batik
Renewal
Joy
Irreverent quotes
Faith
Make me laugh (always one of my favorite swap themes)
Harvest
Family
Vibrant colors
Forest/nature colors

3 Likes

Aha! You found it! Thank you. I used the link listed in the 2020 swap and it was broken.

2 Likes

I will be signing up for sure! Love the sweary flag! :laughing:

4 Likes

Glad to be of help! :smiley:

2 Likes

idk, i still think that fantastic flag you made me is quite inspiring and positive!! and it def fits in with all the fantastically swearing LC goodness i’ve received over the years around my house!! most rooms have sweary goodness in them…lolz.

5 Likes

I really enjoyed being a part of this swap in the past!
I hope to jump in later this week, after I make sure I can send within the right time frame –

3 Likes

Hey, I run out of everything happening back to back after next weekend!

4 Likes

Yay!! Sounds like the perfect time for a prayer flag swap!

4 Likes

@mel I absolutely agree that sweary and irreverent can be inspiring and positive. I wish I had stopped caring about what others thought a lot earlier in life.

4 Likes

I just sent in my questionnaire. I can’t wait to get partners and start playing for this one.
It’s going to be so much fun! I chose two partners so I can have double the fun.

4 Likes

I have a collection hanging in my craft room, some are mine, but most are from previous swaps. They bring joy every time I see them. The photo has been enhanced greatly to bring out the flags. Wild looking.

14 Likes

Oh, I love this so much!

1 Like

My Q is in!

Wonderful collection @marionberries!! I have mine hanging in my craft room too for constant inspiration. :heart:

Lighting is not great because they are against windows but I love them!

8 Likes