Prayer Flag Swap Spring 2023 - Sign-ups CLOSED - Send outs July 10

Just curious about the hammered fern fabric - does the color last? Did you treat the fabric? I’ve done this with children and we didn’t care about long-lasting results.

2 Likes

Good questions. I have no idea. I made it for a swap.

1 Like

I just realized I wasn’t ‘watching’ this thread, so I wasn’t seeing posts. Fixed that now.

I fu@&ing LOVE the sweary flag! Story time: I was bringing our dog to the vet one day, when Ada was about 4 months old. I had to bring the baby into the vet’s office, put her down on a bench (in her carseat), then go back out for the dog. I texted my husband something about the ordeal, and he was at work. He mentioned to his coworkers what I was doing. One woman said he should get me a shirt or mug that said “Full hands, fuller heart.” He just looked at her and said, “She would absolutely HATE that.” She asked what I did like. His answer: “She likes skulls and curse words.”

Excuse me while I go add that as a theme to my Questionnaire…

@Abbeeroad, I love that my first flag gets to be in your awesome collection! It’s so happy!

8 Likes

@MistressJennie, we must be kindred spirits. I would hate that, too. Way too much warm and fuzzy for my taste. :nauseated_face:

We are up to ten swappers, my friends! I have so many ideas swimming around in my head. I can hardly wait to start crafting!

2 Likes

I think you can set the color somewhat if you 1. treat the fabric before hammering and 2. rinse with something that sets the color. But it has been a while. Researching on the web or youtube should give you more information, tips, tricks, etc.

4 Likes

For meeeeee! So far it’s holding up, no issues, but I haven’t taken it on the boat or out in the rain.

4 Likes

Definitely need more…good to see everyone here ready to support and inspire each other!!

3 Likes

Oh, I am so glad you chimed in. I couldn’t for the life of me remember who I sent it to. :smile::smile:

4 Likes

Hooray! @AIMR makes 11 swappers!

6 Likes

Hey, folks! As I said before, I am with my school’s tour group in Washington D.C. We are not scheduled to get back to our hotel until 11 pm Eastern Time. I will work on partners once I get back to my room.

That means YOU STILL HAVE TIME! Send in that questionnaire any time before 11:00 pm ET!

Also, here are a few crafty things at Mt. Vernon’s exhibits and gift shops that I thought you might like.

Painted oyster shells were once used as small bowls for rings and trinkets.

A lovely needle felted pouch

Mt. Vernon’s garden

Reproduction fabric from the late 1700’s

Bone rollers to curl wigs

11 Likes

It’s been awhile since I entered a swap. I just sent in my questionnaire to enter this one. Looking forward to making my partner a cool flag!

7 Likes

I couldn’t resist …

6 Likes

Yay!!

3 Likes

Welcole to the party, @crafty-becky and @jemimah!

3 Likes

Partners are listed. Magpie, Harlan, and MightyMitochondria should have ONE partner. Everyone else should have two. Please let me know if I made an error. I will send questionnaires soon.

3 Likes

Hello Everyone:

I’m new to the site and not joining this swap but I have a question. So even though there are 13 participants, they are not making 12 flags each and sending one to each participant and each person receiving 12 flags back, right? It seems that some card swaps are like this. It can get expensive! I see partners listed for this swap but I just want to be sure that I understand. Thanks!

4 Likes

Scroll up to the first post and you will see how I partnered. Each person will craft only 1 or 2 flags. They will receive the same number that they crafted.

5 Likes

Also, welcome to the community! LC is a very special corner of the internet. It is full of the kindest and most encouraging people.

7 Likes

OK, peeps. I am starting to fall asleep and making mistakes. I am going to bed and will send questionnaires to partners tomorrow. Feel free to send them to each other if you don’t want to wait for.

5 Likes

Thanks! Yes, I saw the pairs. I joined this site and shared it as a social resource at my blog because it’s actually active. So many forums are dead now. "crickets":smile:

6 Likes