CLOSED Prayer Flags - April 2020 GALLERY

The flower and birdie are so cute!

2 Likes

I love the happy green and the stitching. Itā€™s so peaceful.

2 Likes

The oak tree. Stupendous!

1 Like

Oops, yes, I had the charm hanging from one of the top stitches between the flower & bird, but letā€™s call it a ā€œpersonalized elementā€ so you can put it wherever you like! LOL
The paper came from a swap on C-ster way back when (one of the swap your stash type of swaps) but stitching through it was harder than anticipated!
Enjoy, and thanks again for hosting the swap :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Check out the beauty from @MightyMitochondria! I just love this fabric, and the embroidery is delightful! To me it looks like petals blowing around in the wind behind this scene. The two fabric pieces are only sewn together at the top, which gives it a good hang. The raw edges are nicely tactile. And send with a lovely @Magpie card too! Thank you for being a great partner!

10 Likes

the oak tree is very neat!

1 Like

Oh I think I recognize that paper! :laughing:

3 Likes

Iā€™m so glad you like it! The batik was one of my favorite fabrics in my stash. You gave me great themes to choose from, so it was a real joy to craft for you. :purple_heart:

1 Like

@Smmarrt encouraged us to make a flag for ourselves. I repurposed another project to make mine. There was a Wicca/Beltane swap on Discord that was canceled when the country shut down. I had done a fair amount of work on this piece, so I finished it into a flag. The flag was inspired by the greening of the forest in the spring.

I considered using this for my partner, but the dimensions donā€™t fit the swap requirements and I canā€™t really cut it down without the embroidery coming out.

11 Likes

My flag from @AcadianDriftwood arrived and it just took my breath away. Her message said, ā€œAll of these scraps are from the dozens of masks Iā€™ve been making, so you are now connected to lots of peopleā€™s lives.ā€. That is so powerful.

14 Likes

you made a gorgeous flag!

LOL
So long ago I barely remember it, but I sure love the assortment of papers (as I dug back through the bag)

Also, the flag you made was SO creative! What an amazing snapshot of this moment in time.

1 Like

Beautiful!! I love the sentiment AND the piece itself. :heart:

2 Likes

Wow, what a great commentary and intentional piece! Beautiful.

1 Like

There is a tear in my eye - what a lovely idea! :sob:

1 Like

I recā€™d my flag from @Smmarrt & itā€™s just wonderful!
She took my theme of bees & made a sweet lil garden for a cute bee ā€“
Thanks SO much!!
now I have to remember how to post a pic! (astonishing how quickly I forget how the new site worksā€¦)
Google Photos

4 Likes

I received from @thanate last night. Our mail comes late so itā€™s always a treat around dinner time and a nice break from junk mail. Very nice break.

Scrappiness abounds, along with hand stitching, machine-stitched flowers, and the word ā€œbloomā€ which says it all. I especially like the selvage edge on the leftā€¦Iā€™ve always loved them, I am not sure why. thank you, thank you. Itā€™s a beautiful addition to my collection.

12 Likes

Bloom is stunning. I love the black-based fabrics in there. I think they provide the right amount of contrast.

The button flower flag is so clean and refreshing! Great background choice, too.

2 Likes

I just love prayer flagsā€¦so many creative ways to do them!

Love the scrappy tree and also the gorgeous embroidered oneā€¦batik is some of my favorite fabric to use in prayer flagsā€¦

Nice mix of textures on your flag, @kayrunā€¦and to use something received from another swapper is always nice, I thinkā€¦passing on the goodness

I am touched by the flag made with scraps of fabric from mask makingā€¦My floor in my craftroom is full of these scraps so this has given me an idea of what to do with them!

Flowers and bees are always lovely to see on a prayer flagā€¦love the dotted backgroundā€¦and the gauzy wings!

I would love to touch the various textures on the flag you made @thanateā€¦so many lovely scraps and the stitchingā€¦I am going to break out my embroidery machine this yearā€¦lovely flag

4 Likes

This makes me seriously happy.

Donā€™t you DARE cut it down!! And Iā€™m sorry the swap fizzled. Youā€™re a true-blue, MM!!

2 Likes