Quick Park Watercolour

You can always find me at my favourite park in the city on a Saturday afternoon while I’m waiting for my other half to finish tennis coaching.
Lately I’ve been taking along the quilt I made and my little traveling art bag so I can do something creative while I have some down time. I’ve actually watched so many YouTube videos of others sharing what they carry on their art bags :see_no_evil:

So this week I used the absolute cheapest watercolour set to paint a scene, I was only trying to roughly replicate what I was looking at, that way I wouldn’t feel bad if it weren’t accurate. I’m thinking I still might go back over it with ink pens to add detail. Then again, I might just do another picture :slight_smile:

Thanks for looking!

22 Likes

This is wonderful! Very serene.

1 Like

Painting in a park sounds like a perfect day to me! Lovely job

1 Like

That looks great, I like the layers on the leaves

But re paint, do yourself a favour, treat yourself to some good paints and paper-you don’t need millions of colours, and the paper doesn’t have to be the finest cotton rag paper (it just needs to be heavy) but it makes such a difference. Plus it’s so much nicer to work with

2 Likes

What a nice way to spend your waiting time. Your picture is lovely! Do you carry the brush water in a plastic bottle…?

1 Like

I have some pretty nice watercolours at home, but it’s a much bigger pan, I think I’ll take them along with me next time. They are the kind that you can take pans out of and move them around, so I could even take a selection. But I’ll probably take the whole thing along with me next time :slight_smile:

I do have a few of those! I took two along with me, but only used one.
I also have one of the mini spray bottles to activate the colours :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have this set, it’s tiny but really good, it’s about a million years old but it still works great. All you need is an extra brush or two and water.

1 Like

You can also treat yourself to some watercolors in the tube! Then you can “make your own” pan set by squirting a dot of each color into a compact or whatever you want. Lovely painting :heart: Sounds like such a relaxing routine.

2 Likes

I really like it. It is very calming.

1 Like

What a gorgeous little serene piece. Lovely!

1 Like

I have this set too, it’s great for on the go painting. If I only remembered to paint when I’m on the go.

1 Like

Nice work. I’ve been wanting to get out and paint, can’t wait for spring!

1 Like