Quilt-along 2021

I have lots! Want me to send you a couple? :wink:

My brother has ten cats…I just put in to adopt another black one…since we lost our dog in December, the house has been too quiet. The other two black cats miss having a third playmate.

1 Like

10!! I thought we were insane at 5. Love me a black cat… Unless it’s a long hair tuxie. Those buggers are unpredictable

We have a 2 cat limit and one is black, I do love a black cat and he is a sweetie. We do foster kittens just to have kittens around on a regular basis. They are just so cute.

I finished an item today for a gift. Got to practice hmm, I don’t know what they are called. Don’t judge my choice of fabric, it all came out of the scrap bin. I was working out what size I needed to start with to get the final size I needed. And then just decided to start with 5 inch squares and trim to size. Generous for 3.25 inch final size.

5 Likes

We are currently catless. Our three elderly moggies died over the last year or so. We’ll eventually get another one, but not until we’re well settled into our new house.

2 Likes

March’s prompt:
March gives us National Quilting Month and St. Patrick’s Day. Quilt something green, that showcases something you want to celebrate, or something that gives you luck!

2 Likes

I MistressJennie, offer my Scrappy Log Cabin Heart for February’s prompt

The pattern is from Neverland Stitches, and it was an awesome way to use up some of the ton of 2.5" scrap strips I had precut.

8 Likes

That is really beautiful, Jennie!

@edel Thinking of you whilst you move houses!

Lovely and rich .

I MistressJennie submit this as my March BOM entry.

I’m so glad to be done my mega-afghan, that I celebrated by diving into the new BOM. I altered mine from the original in the video, to be 12", by using the Easy 8 HST method. If anyone else is looking to do a 12" block, you’ll need to cut your Easy 8 Squares to be 8 3/4". Your finished HST’s will be just over 3 1/2", so you will need to trim down your finished HSTs. You’ll need 2 squares in your background color & 2 in your focus color. I changed mine up by using 2 different pinks for my focus color.

10 Likes

Gorgeous!!

1 Like

Goodness! You are on it! I only just looked at the post to see what this month’s block is! I love how you changed it up a bit with the different pinks!

2 Likes

@MistressJennie, I really like your placement of your matching pinks!

1 Like

I wasn’t excited about this month’s block, but you have changed my mind. This is very striking and lovely.

1 Like

I have my March BOM ready to sew together. The instructions are for a 16” block but I want mine to finish at 12”. I used the magic 8 method and started with 8.5” squares.

Oops, I didn’t see @MistressJennie’s post before I wrote this one … not sure why our starting squares are different sizes since we used the same method.

I used @MistressJennie’s suggestion of 8.75 inches but I really think I could have done 8.5.

Here’s a picture of my HST before squaring it down. (The acrylic piece is 3.5 inches.)

3 Likes

I’m guessing we just got our formula from different sources. Mine was from Coral + Co, and the formula was:

Finished HST + 7/8" x 2 = Beginning Square Size

So 3 1/2" + 7/8" x 2 = 8 3/4"

I’m playing around with creating my own block pattern for the March prompt. Not sure if I like it or not. I did it with all 2.5" scrap strips, and 2.5" squares. I’m wondering if I should do it with smaller 2" wide strips, and then have a border of background all around it. What do you guys think?

3 Likes

Yes, I think maybe smaller strips and a border would be nice. How fun!

1 Like

Not that I need to add to my stash…but Spoonflower is having 50% off all fat quarters until Friday…

1 Like