Quilt-along 2021

Both my kids turned back into reasonable (mostly) people at 20. It was miraculous! OK, not perfect, but it was a marked change. Hope you are so lucky. I just listened to '91 Addresses Bennington College’s Class of 2012 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuEfEv0OlsY
He is such a good speaker

1 Like

Well the crazy ice here has made life abit crazy. The kids apartment flooded they lost just about everything. Fighting with the renters insurance, the apartment complex and so on…
Been kinda crazy here at the house. All are safe. The lost of one car due to a wreck no one was hurt, and hoping to be replaced sooner rather then later. He lost his job because of it. The fun just keeps coming.
Keep going forward. Thats what ya do right.
I got a few more rows done on the rainbow quilt between extra shifts.
The new grandbaby will be here soon so getting things ready for her replacing things and getting all set up
Ready for spring and new buds on the trees that did falls lol
Just wanted to pop on and give an upset. Didnt vanish just hanging in there.
Love the blocks for the month i have seen so far and reading all the entries.
Well and wonderment

1 Like

20! Mine too.

Im pretty fortunate that mine has always had a reasonable work ethic. And since he went off to school he’s much lovelier around the house when he is here. And does things without being nagged.Sometimes without even being asked.

But this gen does seem to be a few years back for somethings. Independence wise.(but miles ahead in so many other things) Some days I think I was doing that nonsense at 16… Not 20. And then I remember that my phone was attached to a wall and I taped songs off the radio, so we all go through life differently.

Your lad has a good solid background,he’ll figure it out in time.

2 Likes

I pieced together one of my mystery quilt blocks! We got instructions in February to make 14 ‘B’ blocks and 1 ‘C’ block. The final pattern was also released since the designer felt we (the participating quilters) would be able to figure it out since these are the last blocks. I’m looking forward to piecing the rest of my blocks and putting it all together. I also managed to finish a QAYG bag and my drawer liners!

Here are the drawer liners ready for use:

And here is my mystery quilt block:

12 Likes

@AudiobookLover, I see rocket ships. I love that mystery block, nice rich colors.

And I spent the evening replacing a badly placed triangle piece and fixing one little square that had it’s back side up :blush:.

1 Like

That’s funny because my mom said that the accompanying quilt blocks look like satellites :laughing:.

I, Lynx2Lancer, submit this as my March BOM:
20210312_140142_resize_6

It’s not perfect, partly because I am learning how to use my new machine! It’s also much smaller than I intended, but that’s okay. Nothing some sashing can’t fix!

I knew all along I wanted a 3rd color for my block, and since I need the blocks to connect one way or another, I went with the blue from last month.

Pepper fabric because we built garden boxes this week, and this pretty floral print because it’s pretty and in the spirit of gardening as well.

My 3 blocks together in the order I’ve made them:

9 Likes

I finished the quilting on the Viking Adventure quilt!

Maybe…

I can’t decide if I should go back in and do another row between each of the cris crossing rows I already did. They are 4 5/8” apart, because I went diagonally through each block. And that just happened to be how far apart they were. But for now I am walking away. My mom’s birthday is coming up soon, so I’m going to try diving into a mosaic mini quilt for her. Here’s the pattern:

7 Likes

Wow, that is one colorful and fun block, I don’t’ see any mistakes cause I am admiring it too much.

1 Like

I would leave it…I think another row will cinch up the pattern in the darker print…I always think more quilting for scrappy and busier quilts and less when you have nice big prints…it turned out lovely and the colors are just fantastic!

Forgot what color you are using to bind it with?

1 Like

The gold in the inner border.

1 Like

@MistressJennie I agree … no sense typing it again :smiley:

Borders on, next step is sandwich and quilting. It is now about 48 x 60, nice length for my long legs on the recliner.

9 Likes

This is gorgeous!

Ya it is, wow. I sometimes don’t love white in a quilt but it is the perfect thing to highlight all those earthy tones and really make the design pop. It’s so crisp and elegant while still feeling like an ode to the traditional. Just beautiful.

Beautiful!

I love it!! :heart_eyes:

I don’t like white much either, but these are white, off white and lt gray.

4 Likes

Just beautiful…and yes, those pale grays are lovely…

I meant to offer this 2nd heart block as my Feb offering

-I marrionberries , offer rescued heart for February

8 Likes