Quilt-along 2021

That is really beautiful. I love how cohesive the color scheme is even though it’s really drastic!

1 Like

@tendstowardschaos, I love how your colorwash quilt is coming along! I’m looking forward to seeing it completed!

@MistressJennie, you did a great job finishing up the quilt top. I really like the idea of it auditioning in different parts of the house until you find the right spot for it :relaxed:.

I haven’t been doing much on the creative front lately. My husband and I recently decided to rent an apartment in San Diego as a vacation getaway. We moved in at the end of last month, but we still need to add additional furnishings (like a desk or table), so as of right now, there’s no place to sew while there. With my son still having Zoom classes, I plan on making the most of it and maximizing our time there. As a result, I’m living vicariously through the projects posted here and am loving all that is posted!

I did recently order the quilt kit below and am looking forward to starting on it.

5 Likes

The kit I posted above is just one of a few that I’ve picked up along my quilting journey. It has me wondering about everyone else. Do any of you have kits or projects just waiting for you to get started on them (or maybe just to finish them)? If so, I’d love to see them!

1 Like

That is really pretty! Quite the stunner! It’ll be fun to see you work on it!

I will hope to get back to quilting more this summer. I purchased like 3 patterns earlier this year that have been placed on the wayside.

1 Like

I purchased 2 packages of material for baby quilts before we moved but won’t start them before our house is finished.

We started a new ‘hobby business’ making and selling pepperoni sticks and can hardly keep up with demand, plus building our house, hasn’t left much time for quilting. I had plans to work on three quilts at once this spring but think I’ll pick just one to putter away at.

4 Likes

Today I finally have time to get my new Jazz II out to use for only the 2nd time. I am working away at my BOM! I really wanted to be sure to work on this one since I chose this month’s block!

2 Likes

I, Lynx2Lancer, submit this block for my April BOM.

10 Likes

Pretty fabrics. I like that

1 Like

Signups for the Quilt Block Swap are now open!

2 Likes

I’m really looking forward to the quilt block swap gallery! I’m trying to figure out a way that I can participate. It sounds like a lot of fun and something I don’t want to miss out on!

1 Like

I hope you’ll join us! If the small groups seem like too much, I’m sure I can work out a single partner for you.

1 Like

I finally finished my second I-spy quilt top! I had difficulty finding a border I was happy with, so I used the same technique that @marionberries used on her I-spy quilt and went with a smaller inner border. Thanks for the idea, I’m loving the look!

This quilt will be for my llama loving nephew (hence the four different llama corners). I originally wanted to use some llama fabric for the border, but I just couldn’t find anything that I liked. So, instead, I’m going to use my embroidery machine to quilt a llama design on the border :llama:.

But first things first, I need to get started on the back of the quilt next, which feels like a lot of work and is the whole reason I set this quilt aside in the first place. In reality, it isn’t that much work, I’ll just take it one step at a time!

12 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

I love it

1 Like

Great job…and yes, that is a very pleasing layout and pattern! Love all of the fun prints!

1 Like

This is so warm and inviting. I like the colors, it pulls together all the fun I-Spy squares.

1 Like

I just realized that it is the end of April and I haven’t done my April block. The possible fabrics are in a messy pile on my ironing board, along with a box of misc. stuff, a measuring tape, several pens and pencils, and who knows what else. My sewing machine is behind several buckets of tools from the porch project. Such a great idea to put the door to the porch in the craft room. Now everything we need to move off the porch for finishing projects ends up in that room. And don’t forget the dog crate that is housing the veggie starts…keeps the cats off. I really hate the mid-stage of a big house reno because every room is affected in some way. Cans of paint here, tools there, extra furniture stashed everywhere. I do love the end results, but delays make me crazy.
I know I can wiggle my way into position to make my block tonight. I’ve enjoyed this quilt-along so much.

5 Likes

@AudiobookLover - your I-Spy quilt is adorable! I love the layout and the llamas.

I haven’t been doing much sewing, been working on other projects that have deadlines. But, after stitching up a dog collar yesterday, I decided to tackle some pillow covers. I tried out the economy block. My points and corners need some more practice, but they didn’t turn out too badly. I need to add sashing to get them to the right size, then I’ll quilt before making them into envelope-style covers.

10 Likes

Those are adorable!

2 Likes

Thank you! These are going in our camper.

I just finished up the sashing. Now, to dig through my fabric to find something that I can use for the back of the quilting and the covers.

10 Likes