Quilt-along 2021

I just ordered some batting for pickup at Joann’s, so I can quilt this mamma-jamma in the next day or two.

Oh @MistressJennie that top is fabulous. I love the design and the colour

I have so enjoyed your camping series here and in the stitchalong…

It seems like just yesterday you were talking about making it and now here it is in all its glory! So pretty!

1 Like

I love this camping square! We are doing our end of summer camping this weekend!

It’s gorgeous! I don’t normally like star quilts, but the way the center points are offset, and the addition of the triangle sections just makes me happy. I really love it and can’t wait to see it all finished!

I craftADDchick , offer my Dear Jane Quilt practice blocks for September’s prompt- Getting back into: foundation paper piecing!

The first one pictured is actually for the challenge, but I wanted to show the other one, so you can see the difference.

I made the green and light blue one first following the FPP method I have always done (and, I meant to use the green for the center portion and the blue for the outside, but I wasn’t paying attention… so I ran out of green). It’s not squared up, and I think I have a couple of questionable spots, but I can’t be sure how off it is until I square it… which I probably won’t.

In any case, for the nice and neat looking block, I used this method:

The block came out almost perfectly sized! So, I’m planning to use this technique for as many of the Dear Jane blocks as I can.

6 Likes

Just saw this, and thought you all might like it. A few free block patterns that you can put together into a wall quilt. Seems like something the Happy Mail folks would love. Sorry the preview doesn’t show a picture. I promise, it’s a real quilting related link, not spam.

https://blog.spoonflower.com/tag/express-post-quilt-block-party/?utm_source=Emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=210919+Meet+the+Ambassador+-+Andrea+Tsang+Jackson&sc_src=email_327893&sc_lid=30273213&sc_uid=GBdJBaolR2&sc_llid=14804&sc_customer=df894d0984a084b634c926d2ba4ad576ce4d52ac4d42bdfd4084865b8525f250

2 Likes

Oh, meanwhile I’m about 3/4 of the my though quilting my Wind Drifter quilt! Hoping to finish the quilting on it today, if the weather holds. (When it storms, I have to stop whatever I’m doing and go hold my terrified pup on the couch.)

4 Likes

Machine quilted and squared up! Tomorrow I can piece the binding I cut, and machine stitch to the front. :sunglasses:

13 Likes

Love the closeup!

1 Like

look at your points!!! sigh

3 Likes

Gorgeous! :star_struck:

1 Like

I like the stipple you used for quilting. Do you use rulers or free motion?

@craftADDchick, I had been wondering about your Dear Jane quilt. We’re you able to teach your mom to FPP? Will all the blocks involve paper piecing?

2 Likes

Free motion. I just kinda scribble around the quilt.

3 Likes

@AudiobookLover, I tried to teach her, so we’ll see if it sticks! Almost all of the blocks use FPP, but there are a few with traditional piecing, and some that are applique. I finally got to see the original quilt on Sunday (gorgeous day for a drive to VT!). And, I was looking for the block I made, which was supposed to be in the first row. I didn’t see it, and thought that maybe the pattern designer swapped out a block. Then, my friend realized that it was on the right side. They must rotate the way they display the quilt! :slight_smile: I’m glad I got to see it in person- it’s impressive!

2 Likes

That’s so neat that you were able to see the original in person! Do you plan on using similar colors to the original?

I Edel submit this for the small challenge.

Getting a jump on Xmas sewing, a padded runner for the table. It was kind of a quick and dirty project. But bright and fun.

14 Likes

We are nearly to the end of September :open_mouth:. That means our quarterly drawing is coming up!

If you have any summer-related quilty items that you haven’t posted yet, we’d love to see them and enter you into the drawing (this is the quarterly challenge, so you can enter 1 small, 1 medium, and 1 large for multiple tickets).

We also have the monthly prompt of ‘back to…’ Whatever it is that you are getting back to/into, craft something for it and earn a ticket for the drawing.

Last of all, you can earn a ticket by creating September’s block of the month - the economy block.

You have until the 30th to enter and earn tickets!

3 Likes

oh, I always forget about other quilt projects besides the BOM!

I, AIMR, submit this for my small project. I made all the hexies and then quilted around them. Not counting the hexies, it was a quick and fun project!

16 Likes