Quilt-along 2021

That’s so neat that you were able to see the original in person! Do you plan on using similar colors to the original?

I Edel submit this for the small challenge.

Getting a jump on Xmas sewing, a padded runner for the table. It was kind of a quick and dirty project. But bright and fun.

14 Likes

We are nearly to the end of September :open_mouth:. That means our quarterly drawing is coming up!

If you have any summer-related quilty items that you haven’t posted yet, we’d love to see them and enter you into the drawing (this is the quarterly challenge, so you can enter 1 small, 1 medium, and 1 large for multiple tickets).

We also have the monthly prompt of ‘back to…’ Whatever it is that you are getting back to/into, craft something for it and earn a ticket for the drawing.

Last of all, you can earn a ticket by creating September’s block of the month - the economy block.

You have until the 30th to enter and earn tickets!

3 Likes

oh, I always forget about other quilt projects besides the BOM!

I, AIMR, submit this for my small project. I made all the hexies and then quilted around them. Not counting the hexies, it was a quick and fun project!

16 Likes

My aunt is planning to do that. I picked up a kit with some solids at the local discount fabric store. The colors are a bit brighter. I might mix in some prints that match color-wise to the kit, but I’m not going to be super fussy about matching the original colors. There are some things I might do (she has a color arrangement towards the middle, and the center block is green), but I’m putting my own spin on it, mostly.

2 Likes

I MistressJennie offer my Mystical Wind Drifter Quilt for my large challenge entry.

The project post can be seen here:

10 Likes

Congratulations to @Edel, our third quarter drawing winner!! :partying_face::tada::tada:

4 Likes

That’s awesome, thank you so much :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

It’s a new month and a new quarter! That means a new prompt and a new challenge!

October’s prompt - selfless giving - Quilt something for someone else! Whether it be a set of placemats for a hostess gift, a quilted play mat for your favorite little person, or a quilt for a friend going through a tough time, use your skills and talents to make something to show someone you care!

Quarterly challenge - Create something ‘seasonal.’ Which season? Any season! It can be a Halloween project, something Christmassy, or something bright and springy, whatever your heart desires.

3 Likes

My FM stippling is coming along. Thanks to some useful tips from @MistressJennie I need more practice to even out my stitch length. But I’m pretty happy with this.

I’ve stippled the blocks on this improv quilt, and did straight lines to echo the blocks on the white. Just needs binding

14 Likes

Well done my Friend!

@Edel that quilt is looking good!

Vacation and Halloween have put a crunch on my BOM activity. I’m working with 9" squares, so I’ll have to modify the October block, I really don’t want to face smaller HST. Call me chicken!

1 Like

-I MistressJennie submit this as my October BOM entry.

13 Likes

Oh wow, I love the fabrics, this is stunning…and creepy!

1 Like

Beautiful! Love the fabrics. :skull: :spider: :black_heart:

1 Like

Nice job on your free motion, @edel!

@MistressJennie, I’m more and more excited to see your final quilt with each new block you post!

1 Like

That is gorgeous! I also can’t wait to see the finished quilt, and your points are on point!

1 Like

You make piecing look easy. It’s going to be a lovely quilt.

I finally finished the FMQ on this quilt! It wasn’t my first choice for thread color or design, but I’m not about to argue the finer points of design with my five year old. He gets what he wants.

12 Likes

All the time, work, and love you put into this definitely paid off, it’s beautiful!

1 Like

Thank you!