Quilt-along 2021

They are so flippin’ cute Abbie!

2 Likes

Very nice! I’ve been wanting to make some quilt block coasters, but haven’t gotten around to it. Yours look great!

2 Likes

Happy New Year!! Thank you to each and every person who has contributed to this craftalong and made it the success it has been!! All the projects shared, the BOMs completed, help, encouragement, and community has made this great.

@AudiobookLover will take over the leading reins in 2022, but I will still be part of the quiltaong team.

We had two participants who were very diligent this last quarter, and for their hard work, both @marionberries and @MistressJennie will receive a prize! @marionberries please pm me, and @MistressJennie please pm @AudiobookLover to claim your prize!

Marionberries completed (or I caught) all prompts/challenges but 1 and all BOMs!!

MistressJennie completed all challenges and BOMs!

Way to go ladies!

Thanks again to everyone who participated in any way (even if you just lurked and read!).

8 Likes

Thank you both for creating such a fun, welcoming, and inspirational craftalong this year! It truly inspired me to keep up with my quilting.

3 Likes

Thank you @Lynx for a fun year, it felt good to complete each month and everyone’s comments, blocks, projects, and helpful tips were so wonderful. One block or 12, it was FUN!

And yay for @AudiobookLover for taking over. 2022 has to improve.

2 Likes

It was fun seeing all the projects made. I haven’t been doing much sewing lately but I might have to build it into my weekly plan.

2 Likes

Yay! @marionberries and @MistressJennie are quilting goddesses!

5 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement and I’m really looking forward to another year of our quiltalong! I will create a new 2022 quiltalong thread later this week when I’m back home. I can’t wait to see what we all come up with this new year!

6 Likes

It’s been a great quiltalong and thanks to you guys for running it and keeping us all here. Xx

4 Likes

I’m confused about posting the same pictures on two different threads, I’m sure I read once it wasn’t allowed but I want it in two places so here’s my solution … I posted this

https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/snapshot-what-are-you-working-on-today/627/7763

and wondered if anyone had opinions on its age

1 Like

You’re sorta right, sorta wrong about that. You can’t post the same project on multiple Boards, except for Craftalongs. A project can have one real thread, but can be submitted in any and all Craftalongs you participate in. So for example, your Pink Penguin Quilt can have a project thread under the Fiber & Textile Board, with the Quilting tag. But you cannot ALSO write the whole (same exact) project thread on the Home & Garden Board, under Decor.

But you are quite welcome to share your quilt in the Quiltalong, the Harry Potter Craftalong, the Nerdgames, etc. As they are all Craftalongs, and no matter how many you participate in. You would technically also be fine posting something on the Snapshot thread as it sort of functions in a similar manner, but that’s not really what the Snapshot thread is for. Snapshot is supposed to be a quick pic of an in-progress project you happen to be working on at that moment. Not finished projects or questions. But no one is going to get upset if you post a question there. I hope this helps! :blush:

6 Likes

I am getting the 2022 quiltalong thread set up. We will continue with the user submitted BOM blocks, but I wanted to know your guys thoughts on the prompts and challenges. Do we want to keep both and add a way to earn tickets by completing quilting projects that might not fall under either category? Do we want to eliminate either the prompts or the challenges? Basically, I suppose, my question is this - did you find the prompts and challenges enjoyable or were they just something that were there in the background?

4 Likes

Personally, I like the idea of the prompts and challenges, but quilting is a Big Project thing for me. It takes ages, I plan them ahead of time, I have to order supplies. It’s harder to just come up with a spontaneous little project and finish it in time than in for example the Stitchalong.

2 Likes

I didn’t really follow along with the prompts and BOMs last year, but I would love to try to this time around. There are a handful of quilts I’d like to make this year, and the amount of scrap fabric that will be generated will be epic…gotta use that up somehow.

1 Like

Thank you both for your feedback @Immaculata & @tendstowardschaos, I really appreciate it!

1 Like

The 2022 Quiltalong thread is now up and active! Come check it out! Do you have anything in the works or something you’re hoping to do in 2022, come tell us about it!

1 Like

@AudiobookLover, sorry to be late to answering your question! I have a thought on Quiltalong projects…

What about us redefining what constitutes work/a project? For some people, busting out a quilt in a day or two is just routine. But for others, making a single block or a mug rug is a huge undertaking. What if we were to allow portions of a project to be a submission, rather than solely finished quilted items? For example, cutting all the fabric for a new quilt can be a lengthy task. So can a bunch of block piecing, or stitching a quilt top together. Being able to show off a finished chunk of work, might help keep folks motivated within the Quiltalong throughout the year, even if they don’t produce a bunch of quilts. And if our goal with the craftalong is to encourage each other through our own quilting journeys, this might be a great way to do so.

Of course, this would have to be on the honor system, and people would have to submit what they felt was a fair piece of work for their skill level. In the HP Craftalong we often allow folks to do a component of a larger project as a submission, with the caveat that it must take at least 30 minutes to complete. That way someone who is a newbie to jewelry making could submit a pair of earrings that they spent time working & learning on, while someone who makes jewelry frequently might submit a couple pairs of earrings together, or earrings and a matching necklace, for the same points.

5 Likes

Yay, I just received the fabric for the sashing on my two porch quilts to tie all the BOM and extra blocks together. Fun weekend ahead.

I’m at a lull in projects so I’ve been antsy for something to do.

4 Likes

I really like this idea, thank you for sharing it!

ohhh thaaanks, such helpful content for me:)

3 Likes