Quilt-along 2021

We’re just going to have to post a bunch for them all so they’ll have something entertaining to read while they all recover. :blush:

Everyone else…be careful! There’s a crafters’ curse among us! :skull_and_crossbones::laughing:

3 Likes

I love that bag. I want to make one someday!

Hope you heal quickly, friend!!

Thanks guys. I’m currently perched ever so gently on the couch watching Netflix. I’m okay if I hold perfectly still. Lol Trying to convince myself that the pain of getting up to make tea will be worth it. Not sure I believe me.

Ouch Linda! What a lousy place for a crafter to be injured. Especially annoying since it’s tiny, but effects everything you want to do. Sending you love. :heart:

2 Likes

@MistressJennie Ouch! Hope you feel better soon.

@aimr So glad you got your 2nd shot. Having that wart removed at the same time was a great plan so you can feel good about relaxing. I get my 2nd dose next Friday.

I saw Kittykill post somewhere here her washi solution! That burn sounded painful. I also burned my lips from a way too hot homemade pizza, but no pretty washi tape for that.

I slept on my back funny a few days ago, and my back hurts between my shoulders. Last night, I tried sleeping still and at one point when I woke up, I could hardly move my head side to side. That is better, but my back still hurts. I’m not out of commission, but we definitely seem to have a curse going on at the moment.

Hope we all feel better soon.

1 Like

Oh my gosh, all the wicked injuries! Take care everybody. Watch all the YouTube tutorials you’ve got bookmarked & make notes for future projects? I know I could do that for a day or 3, ha.
Hope you all heal up & recover quickly.

1 Like

Ouchies abound. Be careful. It must be the universe saying, slow down. Take care of yourselves. Take a break. Drink tea and wine. Put your feet up, read a spicy romance or adventure. Sleep (if you can, it’s been elusive lately). Watch the snow fall.

1 Like

No snow here…but it is raining and it is lulling me to sleep…

Ok, I’m insane, but I’m going in. Audrey11 from fandom in stitches. I’ve almost doubled the size so the end result could be a big cushion or the centre of a quilt. But my daughter does not need any more quilts. I’m trying to keep it as a surprise, but who knows how long it’ll take-or if it’ll even be close to finished before our move.

Look at the insane number of FPP to make. That is a 12" ruler in the middle.

But I’m organised! Need to do a bit more colour coding before I start.

11 Likes

Go for it darling!

Will you have to convert the seams to 1/4 inch? I use an add a quarter rule and a postcard to do my pieces…not sure how enlarging the pattern would affect that, but I imagine it would…it will be interesting to see this process…

1 Like

My brain hurts just looking at all those pieces!

2 Likes

I think it’ll work as it is, but we’ll find out!! I’m going to do the top section, using the add a quarter ruler (my thinking is that the pattern pieces are expanded in all directions, so fingers crossed there won’t be any distortion) and see.

I’ve pieces A-D done and they look ok so far.

Four bigger pieces to finish the top slice and then I’ll see if it looks ok

5 Likes

Ummm… I predict you’ll be finished by the end of the weekend!

5 Likes

I hope everyone feels better soon! Hopefully the upcoming weekend will be one of healing and rest!

@Edel, holy moly! Better you than me :laughing:.

1 Like

@craftADDchick you never know :wink:

So it’s working out, the 1/4 seam allowances worked fine, I guess because the pieces have been enlarged in all directions. So they’ll still fit. It’s going to finish up about 20" square

I’ve the top strip done, this is 9 sections (30 to go!) But I’m really happy with it. I want to keep going, but it’s time to spend time with my people, (and drink more wine)

It’s not 100% perfect piecing, but it’s plenty good enough for me. And I think the final design is so punchy and busy, that small bits of imprecision won’t be too visible

12 Likes

It’s finally finished, it did take all weekend! And my back is not happy with me, but I’m happy with the result (despite the mistakes)

16 Likes

Looks really good! What a speedy accomplishment! Mistakes? No one is seeing mistakes… :slight_smile:

1 Like

It looks really good, instantly recognizable and very impressive!

1 Like

:exploding_head: soooo cooool!!!

So not speedy! It took three days, and it’s about 20" I had initially toyed with the idea of making a Broadway musicals quilt for Mollie, but this has decided me against :grimacing: I don’t have the patience. This one will be a cushion cover.

2 Likes