Quilt-along 2021

Wow, that quilt is just really beautiful! It looks so great in your room. Is it hard to quilt round edges? I haven’t done that before.

@marionberries I hope your fabric finds it way to you soon! I,too, have ordered more (preparation, not quite necessity) fabric for my mountain quilt.

@mistressjennie I hope your tailbone feels better soon! We are sadly a pair of quilter’s in pain My upper back/shoulder/neck area is still bothering me (I may end up needing an adjustment), but I keep stretching, using my TENS unit, and a little pain meds. I haven’t really been interested in sewing right now – too focused on using up yarn!

@Audiobooklover How is LittleBookLover doing? Better still? Back to his old self?

2 Likes

The blocks look like moody sea scapes in that lighting!

1 Like

@Lynx It’s scheduled for delivery today! Dare I get my hopes up? I’ve managed to get quite a bit of other crafting done as I wait.

1 Like

I hope you’re feeling better soon too! And I hear you on the sewing right now. I actually WANT to be sewing, but I’m sooooo close to being done with my giant mega-afghan, that I’m trying to resist temptation to let my mind wander, and focus on finishing. I’m on my second-to-last skein of yarn, so I have about 12 more rows left. Going to put on some Netflix and power through whatever I can today.

2 Likes

I just picked out the fabric for my February block. It seems as though I’m a last weekend of the month maker for this. Hopefully, I can break that trend! I’m hoping to cut the fabric Friday night, and stitch it up on Saturday .

4 Likes

Yes, thank you for asking! He is doing a lot better and is back to his old self. He has been having a good time here at home playing with his toys (I’m hoping to take advantage of that tomorrow to work on a project or two)! He has a follow up appointment with his GI doc later this week, so hopefully that will shed some light on how we can prevent future issues from occurring!

5 Likes

I’m laying out the colorwash quilt today.

13 Likes

Oh. Em. Gee. That is already beautiful.

1 Like

just stunning…

1 Like

Oooo pretty colors. That is going to be beautiful.

1 Like

It looks like watercolors, I love it already!

1 Like

I’ve been stumped the last couple weeks what to make next but came up with an idea … work on 3 quilts at once :smiley:

Dinosaur quilt for grand daughter 1
Penguin quilt for grand daughter 2
Backyard Friends quilt just because it’s cute

Tomorrow I’m going to a fabric store with my neighbour (it’s by appointment only) and will, hopefully, pick up background material for two of the quilts. I’m also waiting for one pattern to arrive.

My logic is that I won’t get bored if I take turns working on them. Also, in the end I’ll have both grand daughter quilts made close together.

3 Likes

Ooh, sounds like you’ll be busy! Are you going to be piecing together penguins and dinosaurs, or using penguin and dinosaur fabrics? Backyard friends sounds like a lot of potential for cuteness, I’m looking forward to seeing it!

1 Like

I’m piecing the penguins and dinosaurs, using Elizabeth Hartman patterns. The Backyard Friends is a new pattern by Amy Bradley Designs.

2 Likes

@AudiobookLover I had to look and see what the Backyard Friends quilt looked like, and my oh my, it is so adorable!!

@tendstowardschaos I love your colorwash quilt already! It is just beautiful!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see how it all turns out!

1 Like

Hope you are on the mend! I scheduled a visit with an orthopedist because my hip has been giving me fits! I can walk and sit but the minute I lay down, I am in agony! Kinda hard to sleep standing…I was thinking of you as I downed a mega amount of painkillers!

1 Like

I think I’m finished piecing this thing together. You think 47 different fabrics is a lot until you try to do something like this. Then, you wish you had a hundred to choose from. :joy:

!

11 Likes

My mouth just fell open- I was going to say “Wow!” but I was actually momentarily speechless! It will be stunning when it is finished!

2 Likes

I agree! And, if I didn’t have stacks of projects backed up, it would be in the cart!