Quilt-along 2021

I’m guessing we just got our formula from different sources. Mine was from Coral + Co, and the formula was:

Finished HST + 7/8" x 2 = Beginning Square Size

So 3 1/2" + 7/8" x 2 = 8 3/4"

I’m playing around with creating my own block pattern for the March prompt. Not sure if I like it or not. I did it with all 2.5" scrap strips, and 2.5" squares. I’m wondering if I should do it with smaller 2" wide strips, and then have a border of background all around it. What do you guys think?

3 Likes

Yes, I think maybe smaller strips and a border would be nice. How fun!

1 Like

Not that I need to add to my stash…but Spoonflower is having 50% off all fat quarters until Friday…

1 Like

Lol. I saw that. I am resisting…

They tempted me with their mushroom fabrics that I have no clue what I will use them for… lol

2 Likes

This is the information I come here for! I was just about to order some new digital scrapbook stuff but I think it will be better spent at Spoonflower!! (Which I’ve never ordered from! :grin:) Off I go!

I like it the way it is. If you used Christmas fabric in this pattern, it would look like ornaments.

1 Like

There’s a March prompt? Did I miss it?

I, Homerof2, submit this as my March BOM entry

9 Likes

It’s on the first post with the others.

Ooo! I like those fabrics together!

1 Like

Thanks, in person the red is deeper but I couldn’t get a good picture on this overcast day.

I, Whistlefish, submit this as my March BOM entry.

I hope you don’t mind @mistressjennie, but I totally copied your two tone look.

I tried so hard on this one. I’m really taking my time to try to get all the techniques and things down. There are areas I’m super proud of and other areas are where I learned lessons. Lol. I mean, all in all I think it’s great but I’m using these BOM’s to teach me some skills which is why I’m being so picky.

Y’all gave me the quilting bug. I’m listening to Quilt podcasts, looking at guilds (maybe I should uh, complete a quilt first, lol) and daydreaming about an Alaskan quilt cruise I came across this morning. :thread:🪡

10 Likes

found it, I am dazzled by the sun this morning. Thank you.

2 Likes

You ladies certainly don’t slack when it comes to getting your BOM done! I’m over here like --it’s March already? - and you are submitting your BOMs already!

1 Like

Love it Alex!

1 Like

I like the block for March a lot!

@whistlefish…I like the two tone look as well…very interesting and yet not jarring!

@Cindy I like that you are using Christmas fabrics for yours

@MistressJennie Thanks for scaling down the block…I don’t want huge blocks so it is helpful that you already did the math!

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m kinda chomping at the bit to do the upcoming blocks. Waiting is hard.

2 Likes

I was looking at that AllPeopleQuilt BOM Quilt-along and am debating getting fabric for it and doing it. :flushed: Still debating.

(For anyone interested. It’s a free BOM that you make into a quilt and each block is released on the 15th. 2021 Block-of-the-Month Quilt: Bright New Day | AllPeopleQuilt.com)

1 Like