Quilt-along 2021

How did I do that?

1 Like

ooh @marionberries that is lovely, the colours are great.

1 Like

Oh it’s gorgeous :heart:

I like colonial twin point needles. I don’t use them that often as the technique is different and all but they have come in handy at times!

I also agree, there are a lot of local “yarn, fabric etc” shops I have entered where there are the “you must do it this way…” mentalities. I walked in to one when I moved and where ever I go I am always on the look out for good Tunisian hooks. So I asked if they had any. I was told “Oh, you’re a crocheter…yeah we have a section of some of that over there…” snotty undertone inserted. I roamed about and found one, found also about $300 worth of yarn and other items. I was walking to the counter where the woman who was snotty to me, later found out she was the owner, was talking about me to another person and stating “Well you know crocheters are just a waste of my time they’ll baulk at the price of our good yarn and go get crap from AC Moore” Then she spotted me basket and arms overflowing. I just looked at her and said “You know you’re right I’ll find a shop with a better selection” Set my stuff down and never returned! Friends I met had gone there to learn to make socks and she was selling them bulky weight yarn and size 10 needles. She closed about a year later…gee wonder why!!!

10 Likes

Go you! That was the perfect response

3 Likes

9 Likes

By asking what the prompt was.

1 Like

:smiley: it wasn’t me, it was @marionberries … don’t want to take undue credit.

2 Likes

Well, then thanks to @marionberries!

3 Likes

Credit for being too lazy to look it up myself and it wasn’t even there! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

-I marionberries, offer Felix’s Pumpkin for Quarterly challenge. A small item I know, and I have Oskar’s Christmas Ornament designed for December, but I’ll have to wait.

-I marionberries, offer Singing Masks for Octobers Prompt. Singing masks for friends. We just started choir indoors with masks and needed masks that didn’t suck into our mouths. There are singing masks online, but the one I ordered last year was clunky and uncomfortable. I used zip ties to hold the shape. Take the zip ties out for laundering.

13 Likes

Ooh, what a great idea! Do you mind if I add that idea to my mask tutorial?

2 Likes

Of course I don’t mind. Use it, use it. I think it’s your mask pattern anyway. I gave ou the masks tonight at choir and thet were so happy. Now I have more to make :grinning:.

2 Likes

Today I uploaded some of my doodles to Spoonflower and then ordered fabric. Excited to see how it looks.

7 Likes

Ooohh, it’s so exciting when your fabric arrives. I can’t wait to see it

2 Likes

I love how the pumpkin is inside the black cat! What a cool block!

My sewing machine finally saw the light of day today. I didn’t quilt anything, but I did get to work on swap projects!

Also: just like that, it’s November tomorrow, so that means we have a new prompt.

November’s Prompt – Random Act of Kindness! Stitch up something to give as a surprise gift to someone needing a pick me up, drop a little surprise around your town, anything random and kind will do! Tell us about it when you post your prompt!

8 Likes

@Lynx & @AudiobookLover: I used my magic Mod powers to edit the link for this month’s BOM. The link posted wasn’t working, and when I googled the block again, I found a better set of directions for the classic 12" block, so I put that in it’s place. Just in case you’re wondering why LC is showing you that I edited your post.

To everyone else: At the same time I also found the original link, which contains options for a 6", 7.5" or 12" block, and uses paper templates to make the Flying Geese segments. The reason I swapped for the new directions, is that it’s more straightforward. No need to print out any templates for such a basic quilt block segment. But I thought folks who are interested in eventually learning paper piecing, might like it as a mini-introduction, so I added it in parenthesis after the main link above. (Especially since December’s BOM is paper pieced.) Also, I know some of you like @Abbeeroad have been making smaller blocks over the year, and might not want to do the math yourselves.

6 Likes

Thank you @MistressJennie, I appreciate you not only fixing it, but updating to an easier tutorial!

5 Likes

Same, thank you @MistressJennie!

3 Likes