COMPLETE-Quilt Block Swap (Signups CLOSED; Sendouts 6/3/21)

LOL. That seems to be everyone’s decision. We currently have just 1 swapper, besides myself. Apparently this was just not the time for this swap, even though folks voted for it.

I abstained from voting as I knew I couldn’t commit until I saw the actual dates and swap details.

I didn’t join in the other swaps so I could do this one…even if there are just three of us, it could be an easy swap…

3 Likes

I just sent in my questionnaire!! Let’s do this!

2 Likes

And lo, there were three!

1 Like

I just have to pick my blocks…there are way too many to choose from!

1 Like

Hey Friends! My apologies. We’ve had a rough week, and I wasn’t able to check in on things for this swap as I normally would have. I was going to close signups on Sunday, but haven’t done so yet to see if we had anyone else who wanted to play with us. @AIMR, are you still planning to sign up once you decide on blocks?

For @roler & @Abbeeroad, right now it will be either three of us, or four if Linda joins in. So since we are already a small group, I thought we could decide together, exactly what we’d like to do. We could have all swappers be one ‘Small Group’, and stick with one block per person. Meaning we’d each 2 or 3 blocks total. We could do a hybrid between Small and ‘Traditional’, where we decided to do 2 blocks per person, meaning we’d make a total of 4-6 blocks. Less than the original plan for Traditional, but we’d each end up with a few more blocks.

Or, depending on if AIMR joins us, we could either do single partners, with those folks deciding between themselves on how much to do; or if it’s just 3 of us, a Round Robin. TBH, Round Robins aren’t my favorite. I think they can be really helpful in the right circumstances, but I love sending something back to the person who crafted for me.

Final idea is that we could all be in the same small group, and yet decide between each other how much to craft per person. For example, if roler wanted to make just one block per person, Abbee & I could each craft one in return; but if Abbee & I each wanted to make 2 blocks for the other, we could decide together to do that, without effecting what roler was up to.

So what do you guys think? There’s no wrong answer here, and no judgement.

2 Likes

I feel like I can handle 3-4 blocks. So, if always joins, 1 per partner. If always doesn’t join, I’d be willing to do 2 for each Jennie and roler, or 1 for roler (if she only wants to do one block per partner) and 2 for Jennie (if willing).

Yeesh. Can you make any sense of that? lol.

2 Likes

I am so sorry! I totally thought it was 5/6 already! Yes, I want to join! I would have to have everything done before my surgery on May 26 and it would be a great distraction…My only concern is if I didn’t have the right fabrics, I would have to go out and get them, but I feel safe going to my local quilt shop since it is one person at a time.

I also do not like round robins…I wouldn’t mind making one or two blocks for everyone…

2 Likes

Ok! Then why don’t you work on your block list/questionnaire today. I’ll do mine this evening (gotta do a doctor’s televisit AND our taxes this afternoon), and we’ll hope to have everything in place tomorrow, so you can dive into sewing before your surgery.

1 Like

I would still like to do one block per person. :slight_smile: Thanks so much for making this an option! <3

1 Like

I have AIMR’s questionnaire, so I’ll be setting up a thread to share all the questionnaires tomorrow. G’night!

1 Like

I am scheduled for surgery and have daily things (exercises!) that I have to do to prepare and then lots after as well…so I am starting now to cut fabrics and hope to have them all done by May 25th!

I am glad we have a small group for once, although, I always loved the challenge of the larger swaps…sometimes things just work out for the best…can’t wait to see what everyone does and then we have to be sure to do something with our blocks…I am still not finished with using blocks from the old place, so that is over two years of storing blocks! NOT ACCEPTABLE! lol

2 Likes

I hope your surgery goes well and you’re feeling better soon!

I now have all the fabrics I need and have them laid out in stacks for each block I’ve planned. I plan to start cutting and sewing this weekend! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My son is turning 12 this weekend (:astonished:) so I probably won’t get much done. I will be bringing up the rear, lol.

3 Likes

I dove into block making a few days ago. I’m finding the act of making quilt blocks very soothing right now. I’m feeling a bit out of control of the rest of my life (a feeling I’m really not used to as someone who is a methodical planner & researcher), so cutting precise lines and stitching straight seams is very appealing. Bringing order to chaos.

I finished roler’s, and am currently in the middle of my creation for AIMR. Just settled into my studio with a nice cup of tea, so I can work on that until Date Night tonight.

3 Likes

Oooh, so excited to see what you’ve made!

And I’m sorry you’ve been feeling like you don’t have control. I’ve also been really finding crafting soothing, although for me, crochet definitely helps a lot more, with the repetitive movements kinda hypnotizing me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Quilting is still new and a little stressful to me, but it’s worth it for that feeling of accomplishment when I successfully make something, and for the pretty pretty things it makes! XD

Crochet is almost too monotonous for me at the moment. I can easily keep hooking, while my mind wanders, replaying things I’m worried or stressing about. With quilting, especially making different blocks each time like we are for this swap, I have to focus on what I’m cutting, and what’s getting stitched to what. So I have requests for some custom jewelry work that I should focus on this weekend, but instead I just want to lose myself in quilt blocks.

2 Likes

I finished my block for @MistressJennie today! It took me all day but I’m so pleased with how it turned out! :slight_smile: I’ll try to get it in the mail on Monday. If I keep doing one block per weekend I should be in good shape!

2 Likes

Since we have a sender, here’s our gallery!

3 Likes