Ready to work

I work seasonally as a bartender at the largest repertory theatre in North America. Been at it 10 years and i have a few pet peeves.

The job isnt tough and you dont need much to do it but when someone comes to work and asks for a pen… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

So out of the costume scrap bins i made a welcome to the bar pouch. It fits easily in the aprons we wear, so now noone has any excuses. Also included… 2 dimes, a nickle, a hair tie, a breath mint and a bottle opener… With room for you to add tylenol and bandaids (didn’t want to get a report from health and safety for circumventing the first aid reporting process😉)

And i made a tote from the bins to carry them off to training this weekend cause. Why not over do things?

19 Likes

Fun idea, and I am sure they will be appreciated!

2 Likes

Even if they aren’t.

Everyone will know not to ask me for a pen. :joy:

7 Likes

I love how your rage turned into generosity! Not surprising coming from the quilted crane crafter! Regardless, THESE ARE AWESOME and thoughtfully created and stuffed!

3 Likes

Great idea! Positive way to approach the problem. And the little zip kits are so cute, too!

1 Like

I understand why for all the items except the nickel and dimes?

1 Like

That’s awesome.

1 Like

Our floats don’t usually have nickles and dimes in them because we don’t use them, everything is priced to hit. 50 or an even dollar amount. When they added a tip function to the debit machine i found we started need a small number to balance the end of day. But as a lead who has to recount and reconcile all the tills i hate counting nickles and dimes out if the roll. 49 dimes are a menace… So if everyone has one or two. They can swap out a quarter and till and tip and deposit balances out…

Again. A kindness that hides my own selfish requirements.

5 Likes

Great idea! So great you used your work experience to provide them with a few tools for their job.

1 Like

I didn’t understand the change, either, and… I still don’t! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: It’s OK, though, I trust that this explanation makes total sense to someone using these words for these things in this job!

2 Likes

What a great idea!

Those are fantastic and you are amazing.