Red & Gold Tablescape

A red & gold holiday tablescape I designed for Christmas Eve dinner. Sadly, 2020 had other plans and we were not able to use it after all. We took it down the very next day. It was super fun to create, though! It took three of us a few hours, and lots of music & laughter, to put together.

Fresh greens from Trader Joes and real cranberries. The floating candles & glass pillars are from Amazon. Actually, a few of the shortest pillars are plastic, but you can’t tell when they are mingled amongst the others.

The little gold tea light holders are from my stash, and my favorite little pieces. They look like mercury glass. Here they are. I’ve noticed the price on them fluctuates quite a bit, so if you buy them between/away from holidays, you get the greatest bang for your buck.

23 Likes

This is really beautiful. I’m glad you got to enjoy this…even though not the way you had intended.

1 Like

This is gorgeous! Mr SBC and I just made our traditional Christmas Eve lasagna using a disposable foil pan and used paper plates to eat on to cut down on dishes. It was delicious, easy, and quiet. Maybe next year I’ll do something special (and much smaller scale!) for us. I can’t wait to see what you do next year! And hopefully we’ll be able to have gatherings again safely by then!

2 Likes

Thank you!

And yes, it was definitely enjoyed. :heart: :heart:

That sounds AMAZING.

I do hope so! :heart:

2 Likes

Lovely! We actually ate at the table instead of lap trays in front of the tube. High class!

2 Likes

That sounds perfect to me! :heart_eyes:

We ended up staying home, ordering Butter Chicken & Tikka Masala, and playing with Legos.

1 Like

What a beautiful and thoughtful table. :heart:

1 Like

Stunningly beautiful! What a great holiday mood it must have created.

2 Likes

That is so pretty! The colors are wonderful.

1 Like

CONGRATULATIONS! This has been chosen as one of this week’s Featured Projects.

1 Like

This is truly beautiful.
I love the floating candles with cranberries!

And I think it’s wonderful you created the tablescape even if you couldn’t use it properly.

1 Like

Aww, thank you!

1 Like

This is beautiful!!

I don’t usually have the holidays at my house, but I would love to have a tablescape like this! It’s simply gorgeous. I think the floating candle pillars might be my favorite, but I love how everything goes together so beautifully.

This is so beautifully done! Stunning.

2 Likes

Oh wow, just beautiful. It’s too bad more people weren’t able to enjoy it with you in person.

2 Likes