Retro Christmas Tree Skirt

That reminds me of a vintage poodle skirt, so your idea of making a skirt sound great.

I’ve done a few poodle-style skirts; I like to add strung sequins around the hem spelling out the owner’s name. Merry Christmas or similar would work, too.

1 Like

I love this! I have been scheming a new tree skirt for my vintage tree as well. I was hoping to find one but it just hasn’t materialized. Great job! :heart::christmas_tree:

1 Like

It is so tricky! I think a lot of the really old vintage tree skirts probably haven’t survived well, since they mostly used adhesive. So most of what I see these days are from the 80s and it just doesn’t suit.

1 Like

Just love how it turned out…you put a lot of thought and work into all of the little details…the cap on the striped ornament is fabulous as is the trim…now you have something that fits your style!

1 Like

I love everything about this project! You’ve done a wonderful job realizing your commitment your style!

1 Like

I just had to update this now that I got (most of) the ornaments on the tree. It is really just so exactly what I wanted.

8 Likes

This is so fabulous! The little deer are adorable.

2 Likes

This is awesome! I love a lot of retro-styled Christmas decor, and you’ve recreated the look perfectly. The little sequins are such a lovely touch. The fact that you were able to use so many vintage items is awesome! Definitely something to enjoy for many years to come! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

Looks great with your tree!

1 Like

This is the perfect accessory for your tree. Classy and classic.

2 Likes

Awesome job! It absolutely looks vintage.

2 Likes

Omg!!! I am also in love with vintage xmas stuff! This is so inspiring! I love this. I think I’ll have to use this as inspo in making my own. I really like 60s/70s so I think I’m going for bright pink, white, gold, and turquoise. You did such an amazing job and all the hand-stitching; gorgeous!

3 Likes

Omg I just saw the updayed pic with your ornaments. I’m SO JEALOUS!!! BEAUTIFUULLL!!

1 Like

This looks perfect under your tree! It turned out gorgeous!!

1 Like

I was thinking of you when Mel showed us this…you could make one in the colors of your newly vintage ornaments…the pink and turquoise would be lovely!!

1 Like

Thank you!!

Honestly, I just have to convert them to PDFs, and you can have templates of the pieces if you want them.

1 Like

That would be siiiick! Please do! I would appreciate it!

1 Like

:tada: Congrats!!! :tada:
@Lothruin, your retro christmas tree skirt has been chosen as a featured project for the week :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

That is so pretty!

1 Like

http://www.lothruin.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/RetroTreeSkirtTemplates.pdf

Let me know if it doesn’t work. I turned the shapes into line drawings to save on ink when printing, but they are designed to cut to the outside edge of each shape as much as possible. I included a full layout that matches mine (and realized that you can only really see one ornament prominently in any of my pics, so you can’t really tell there are three different ornaments). But of course, that is just a “serving suggestion”

1 Like