Retro Christmas Tree Skirt

Omg I just saw the updayed pic with your ornaments. I’m SO JEALOUS!!! BEAUTIFUULLL!!

1 Like

This looks perfect under your tree! It turned out gorgeous!!

1 Like

I was thinking of you when Mel showed us this…you could make one in the colors of your newly vintage ornaments…the pink and turquoise would be lovely!!

1 Like

Thank you!!

Honestly, I just have to convert them to PDFs, and you can have templates of the pieces if you want them.

1 Like

That would be siiiick! Please do! I would appreciate it!

1 Like

:tada: Congrats!!! :tada:
@Lothruin, your retro christmas tree skirt has been chosen as a featured project for the week :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

That is so pretty!

1 Like

http://www.lothruin.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/RetroTreeSkirtTemplates.pdf

Let me know if it doesn’t work. I turned the shapes into line drawings to save on ink when printing, but they are designed to cut to the outside edge of each shape as much as possible. I included a full layout that matches mine (and realized that you can only really see one ornament prominently in any of my pics, so you can’t really tell there are three different ornaments). But of course, that is just a “serving suggestion”

1 Like

Could you tell me the diameter of your skirt? I want to make one for my sister with her cookie designs but am not sure of the size. I don’t have anything except a small tree…she will have a fairly large one…over six feet at least…I don’t want it to look skimpy.

1 Like

Thank you so much! This is very kind of you. :heart:

1 Like

It’s about 40" in diameter. I didn’t take it out and measure it flat, so that is approximate, but 40" is probably a good place to aim.

1 Like

No problem at all! I was already planning on putting them in a blog post, so I was getting them ready. :smiley: Thank YOU for making it worthwhile.

1 Like

Thanks! That will give me a head start! And…wow…how generous of you to share your templates…I am thinking of making some vintage ornaments for a high school friend of mine and might try my hand at making felt ornaments using some of your patterns!

1 Like

They’d be super fun to make! And if you want to use the same sort of knotted cord cap as I did, I used this tutorial, but with three cords: I mean, it’s really very simple, and you may already have experience with it. But yeah. :smiley:

1 Like

The little deer are just so seasonally classic! I’m so happy with your tree skirt! Great fun!

1 Like

You did a FANTASTIC job! It looks vintage and the animals are spot on. Kudos to you-dos. :+1:

1 Like