Round 6 Swap Idea Thread March 26th-April 3rd

Yes!!

1 Like

What are the requirements for being a Swap Organizer? I am having trouble locating the rules for that, although I know I have seen them before.

1 Like

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

Has fully read the Swap Info Guide
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants
Is at least 18 years old

I got it from the Swap Sign Up Form

3 Likes

Thank you!! I did not check there. :blush: I’m batting around the idea of organizing and I qualify!

5 Likes

I might sit out the organizer role this round, but will be a happy and enthusiastic participant.

Would love to see a paper ephemera swap, a Givers and Needers swap, or anything to do with paper crafting.

6 Likes

SUGGESTION

Swap the Shop - Spring 2021

I am willing to organize, but worry it might be too much for my first time organizing. If no one else wants to, I definitely can! The link to the Fall 2020 swap is here.

The Shop the Swap (STS) is a different kind of swap in that we start with finished items. The swap is basically set up like a virtual craft fair, where participants buy/sell crafted items (using points). Items are priced between 1 to 3 points. When you have mailed out claimed items, the points become available for spending. Just like the real world, we can’t spend points we don’t have (no overdraft allowed). To keep the economy going, you can’t hoard your points (you must close your shop and go shopping when you have accumulated +7 points). All swappers must be willing to ship swap packages to an international address and promise to maintain excellent communication.

4 Likes

I was just coming here to say I am good for another round! So excited to do this again :slight_smile:

Name of Swap: Shop the Swap Spring Market 2021
Swap Organizer: loves2experiment
Swap Requirements: more details here…
Length of Swap: signups for 1 week; swapping period for claims ~ 1 month

9 Likes

A paper ephemera swap would be fantastic!

3 Likes

Yay! Thank you @loves2experiment!

@Smmarrt - I like the paper ephemera swap idea too. I’ve recently started doing more paper crafts and could use more variety with my scraps.

3 Likes

Name of Swap: Cryptozoology Swap
Swap Organizer: gozer
Swap Requirements: 1 small
Length of Swap: 1 month

9 Likes

Following

1 Like

Okay, I might have to organize this one…

3 Likes

'Cuz I need to make someone a cryptozoology merit badge!

6 Likes

It’s only one little swap :wink:

2 Likes

SUGGESTION
Tiny things swap. Many miniatures come in packages of multiples such as bottles, eyes, plates & cups, resin animals, etc. I even have a package of tiny trophies. The idea is to swap 10 tiny things plus make your partner something they could use in a mini scene or diorama.

10 Likes

Looking forward to everyone’s ideas!

1 Like

Oooh…tiny things! Yaass!

4 Likes

Additional SUGGESTION:

what if we expanded the tiny things swap and made it more like a jar of whimsies swap? I think there might be more participation that way. I love the idea of adding a tiny crafted item also.

7 Likes

I would totally be on board with a jar of whimsies!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Great idea!

2 Likes