Round 6 Swap Idea Thread March 26th-April 3rd

Additional SUGGESTION:

what if we expanded the tiny things swap and made it more like a jar of whimsies swap? I think there might be more participation that way. I love the idea of adding a tiny crafted item also.

7 Likes

I would totally be on board with a jar of whimsies!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Great idea!

2 Likes

SUGGESTION:
A mini quilt or mini wall hanging to allow for all mediums or even a table runner if peeps have run out of wall space
I also love a good mug rug!

9 Likes

Name of Swap: Box of Whimsies/ Minis swap
Swap Organizer: @Bunny1kenobi
Swap Requirements: small box (exact size TBD-big enough for 10-15 items) of whimsies, including a crafted item that could be used in a dollhouse or diorama.
Length of Swap: about 1 1/2 weeks sign up, 2-3 weeks craft time.

Very interested in feedback on requirements and swap length.

8 Likes

I’m proposing 2 swaps. If they are both chosen, I will probably start signups for one, and once those signups are over, open signups for the second, just to space out all the questionnaire PMs.

Name of Swap: Quilt Block Swap :thread:
Swap Organizer: MistressJennie
Swap Requirements: Swappers will be grouped into small groups of 4 or 5 members, depending on number of people who sign up. Each swapper will craft 3 blocks for each member of their group. So if there are groups of 4, you would craft 3 blocks for each of the 3 other people in your group, totaling 9 blocks. If the groups are 5 people, you would craft 3 blocks for each of the 4 other people in your group, totaling 12 blocks. Each swapper will pick 2-3 quilt block designs they are looking to receive, and give details on desired color & style; with at least one block being a simple beginner-friendly design, while the others may be more challenging. Swappers will be encouraged but not required to craft an example block of the blocks they are requesting, so that partners can get a feel for the style they are going for.
(Note: If there are members who wish to have just 1 partner, I am open to having an option to accommodate them as well.)
Length of Swap: 1-2 weeks of signups; 4 weeks of crafting time

Name of Swap: Owl Post Swap :owl: (a Harry Potter Swap)
Swap Organizer: MistressJennie
Swap Requirements: You want to send your wizarding friends a happy little surprise gift, but you don’t want to injure your poor owl doing it. What’s a crafty witch to do? Join the Owl Post Swap!
For this swap we’re giving poor Errol a break, and crafting just 1 Medium item for our partners. There is no strict theme for this HP swap, and all crafted items should be based on your partner’s questionnaire. This will be a simple, cheerful, stress-free swap, that will be low on postage costs, as there is only one item being crafted and extras are not part of the requirements. (Note: Extras are not banned, but it will be left up to swap partners to decide if they wish to include them.)
Length of Swap: 1-2 weeks of signups; 4 weeks of crafting time

8 Likes

I came here looking for the Ongoing ATC swap.

6 Likes

Not sure if I’ll have the time to participate in any swaps, I certainly have no time for organizing, but I love to see what you guys come up with! @Bugaboo I love your suggestion. Not sure if I could sign up for a swap like that because quilting takes quite a bit of time, but I would really try to find the time.

2 Likes

I agree.I don’t think I’d have the time for either a mini quilt or the quilt block swap, although both would be swaps I’d enjoy! I still have swap packages in the great yonder traveling as slow as they can to their destinations, so I only have 3 open slots. I’d probably sign up for the ongoing atc and maybe STS but that’s about it for me this go-around, I think.

2 Likes

SUGGESTIONS
-rainbow swap
-LGBTQIA+ swap
-craft (stuff for) my pet swap
-more general fantasy or sci-fi swap, maybe focusing on one’s favorite authors/books/movies/shows in the genre or one’s favorite magical/fantasy/mythological creature?
-WWP or nature spirituality or even general spirituality/religion swap
-4x6 art swap: beginners edition (I always feel I’m not enough of an artist to join this swap and I can’t be alone)
-inchies

Several of these have been done before either here or on the old site, and even if I didn’t participate I enjoyed seeing them happen and would feel the same if they occurred again :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I love the rainbow swaps!

5 Likes

SUGGESTION (I might be able to organize)
Happy Mail Swap. I love this swap so much. I know @geekgirl has organized in the past.

7 Likes

I love the rainbow swaps too. Solid fave.

There is a really active happy mail craftalong happening that doesn’t look like it’s slowing down any…

7 Likes

ooo I do like a happy mail swap. Not sure I am up for hosting this time around but I could probably be persuaded to join.

5 Likes

It’s a good suggestion to make beginners especially welcome, of course. If there’s a keen group, that would be great! But if there aren’t enough people for this, I hope you’ll consider joining in the regular 4x6 swap anyway. Everyone is welcome, all experience levels, all different media. We’d love to have you join in, and anyone else who wants to make small, mailable art!

9 Likes

SUGGESTION

I’d like to submit an idea for “craft for my hobby” swap. For example, I have a new hobby of collecting reborn dolls. My partner could make me an outfit for one of my dolls and a pacifier holder. I’m thinking maybe a medium and small requirement?

5 Likes

Green Thumb Swap
Craft for garden or plant people
Medium craft with extras
4 weeks craft time

This would be for anyone who has or wants to have a green thumb. It can be for gardening or indoor plants.

13 Likes

I would totally participate in a green thumb swap!

3 Likes

Oooh. I would have to seriously think about that one. I have a Japanese garden that I try to tame each year, and each year it is less and less the garden it was when I bought the house. Ha! I still enjoy it though.

4 Likes

Is it too early for a Halloween swap? Asking for a friend

14 Likes