Round 6 Swap Idea Thread March 26th-April 3rd

That is one reason I like the ongoing wish swap. You can jump in when you feel like it and it is low pressure.

8 Likes

Ooo! I’d be interested in joining in something like that! I like the ongoing swaps.

3 Likes

Re: The Cryptozoology Swap - Brilliant! If that one gets picked, then, I will happily join. I feel like anything over a small I can’t commit to right now with my medical issues what they are. Happily, I’m getting my first spinal steroid injection today, and I am hoping that it solves the problem without surgery! :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Oooh, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

2 Likes

Voting is up till the 11th!

3 Likes

:sparkles: :owl: :gift: The Owl Post Swap is open! :gift: :owl: :sparkles:

2 Likes

…as is the Box of Whimsies swap!

2 Likes

I will open the Cryptozoology swap the first week of May.

6 Likes

Just thought I’d mention for anyone interested …

I couldn’t offer to host the 4x6 art swap this round, but I’m sure it will come up again in a future round. In the meantime, I’ve really been enjoying the Happy Mail Craftalong - I’ve been making a few 4x6 pieces to mail and share as they are the perfect size. So if you @PhoenixWolf or anyone wants to casually mail and receive small art (no swapping requirements, it’s just a fun mail exchange), that could be a good place to do it!

9 Likes

I can not join the whimsey swap because I have way, WAY too much stuff already. If anybody else is wishing they could join but don’t have enough items to send to a partner, please hit me up. I can fix that for you! LOL, please help me destash!

7 Likes

We should do a one-way destash swap lol. You sign up to send a box of stuff to someone else and they aren’t allowed to send something back. Great if you’re new to certain craft, you’ll never need to buy supplies again!

8 Likes

Maybe givers and receivers! givers don’t receive by choice!!! LOL

3 Likes

I always loved the givers and receivers…it takes time and money to collect stuff that you only need bits and pieces of…things you don’t think about if you have a stash already but that those who are just starting out or trying something new, collecting, say 20 different yarns to use for junk journals or prayer flags , could really use…or, if you are like me and buy stuff in bulk to get the bargain…buying 100 charms when you need a few and then what to do with the rest?

7 Likes

I have embroidery floss, beads, whimsies, jewelry findings, buttons, ribbon, and small cuts of fabric coming out of my ears over here. There’s a sack of tan & red scrabble tiles, a basket of wooden spools, stencils, stamps, ugh. So much. I’ve destashed piles but there is still more than I can functionally store.
It’s random, I could really help a beginner crafter out!

5 Likes

My approach to destashing was severely flawed…I thought if I bought more stuff to use up the jewelry stuff I had, I would make more jewelry…so not true…I just ended up with more stuff because, I am no longer interested in making jewelry! Instead of inspiring me, my stuff overwhelms me now and I tend to not make anything…lol, we need an intervention…I understand holding on to supplies because you might need it…and if you make stuff with all the stuff, you still have stuff!!!

6 Likes

I do this because of swaps! I was on a swap hiatus for about 1.5 years and started destashing wondering why I had all this. Now I’m back in swaps and going OMG I use to have…
Its a vicious cycle!

5 Likes

It is! I have tons of half yards of fabric because when I first joined the deadspace, I was so in love with swaps and would buy fabrics suited to my swap partners…but, I either am not into certain fandoms or animals and still have the fabrics! I might join the swap the shop just to pass on the fabrics and supplies!

6 Likes

Let’s make a pact here to ask each other for the odd & ends needed to complete a project rather then buying a whole supply of one thing we only need a bit of. I could start a thread, where’s best shenanigans or the lounge? Itcould be framed as a craftalong… or it could be part of the happy mail along maybe? Would that complicate that thread?

8 Likes

Yeah - maybe people could post in their intro on the happy mail whether or not they need/want certain supplies? Especially small items that would be easy to mail.

I might do that - I tend to feel like I’m begging, but you are totally right @AIMR I’m always buying supplies like a bag of 10 keychains, make 3 and hoard the 7 for no reason. It would be nice to pass along to someone who can use it!

4 Likes

I find that sometimes, a person only wants one or two small things…I bought some small bubble mailers that can be shipped for about $3…I like your idea! lol…I sometimes I feel like I am begging for people to take my stuff…lol…

5 Likes