Round 6 Swap Idea Thread March 26th-April 3rd

Oooh. I would have to seriously think about that one. I have a Japanese garden that I try to tame each year, and each year it is less and less the garden it was when I bought the house. Ha! I still enjoy it though.

4 Likes

Is it too early for a Halloween swap? Asking for a friend

14 Likes

It is never too early! We could do a summerween swap. LOL!

4 Likes

Summerween sounds like fun!

1 Like

SUGGESTIONS

I have no time for hosting right now, but I would love to join one of the following swaps:

• Fridge magnets
  • TM patches
  • Pokémon
  • Animal Crossing
7 Likes

I had an idea for a “spoil your partner rotten” swap but I personally think every swap should just be called that 'cause it’s what everybody ends up doing, haha!

8 Likes

I have immense swap guilt about actually sending my LGT partners a small item, even though I only signed up for that swap because I didn’t have enough time!

SUGGESTIONS
Literature (non-HP) swap theme. Could be specific like 19th century, classic literature, old books with female heroines like the Little House series, Little Women, Anne of Green Gables.

There are lots of HP swaps already so that’s why I’d like to exclude it for this swap.

I could organize but not this round.

9 Likes

NO GUILT! It’s strictly prohibited, lol. Sometime though the extras do get a little out of control, it’s true. It’s usually included in the questionnaire to be negotiated by partners. Good thing too 'cause mail to and even within Canada has gotten ridiculous! Pricey and slow as molasses in January, as my mama used to say about us kids getting ready for school in the morning, ha!

5 Likes

No need to feel guilty!

Sincerely,
One of your partners who also, uh, stuck closely to the swap requirements

8 Likes

I frequently feel guilty about not spoiling. I love the smaller swaps precisely because they are small. I also love the “no extras” requirement, it just takes the pressure off to go over the top.

13 Likes

Good! :smiley: I hope you will love the extra.

5 Likes

I edited the Cryptozoology swap to be just 1 small item. That way, if people want to do more they can say it on the questionnaire. Right now, I feel like doing small swaps. I have to much Spring cleaning and yard work to attend to.

12 Likes

Same.

4 Likes

Name of Swap: Paper Embellishment and Ephemera Swap
Swap Organizer: Smmarrt
Swap Requirements: Crafting 5 - 10 paper embellishments for art journals, junk journals, happy mail, or greeting cards
Length of Swap: Sign ups for 2 weeks, crafting time 3 weeks

5 Likes

Will there be an option for folks who wish to swap ephemera as well as the paper embellishments? Or are we just planning to do paper embellishments? I’m good either way! Just asking…

2 Likes

Still thinking about the requirements - just wanted to get the idea up in time for voting.
I’ll be traveling this weekend.

2 Likes

I do as well but I miss some of the HUGE swaps! (12 days of Christmas, 3 sends of Make a friend etc) I loved loved loved doing those large swaps and really getting into my partners desires

4 Likes

That is one reason I like the ongoing wish swap. You can jump in when you feel like it and it is low pressure.

8 Likes

Ooo! I’d be interested in joining in something like that! I like the ongoing swaps.

3 Likes

Re: The Cryptozoology Swap - Brilliant! If that one gets picked, then, I will happily join. I feel like anything over a small I can’t commit to right now with my medical issues what they are. Happily, I’m getting my first spinal steroid injection today, and I am hoping that it solves the problem without surgery! :two_hearts:

7 Likes