Round 6 Swap Voting April 4-April 11

I may have already purchased vintage tiny things in anticipation of the jar of whimsies swap. :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

OoooOOoooh…! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I voted.

Can someone explain Shop the Swap to me though?

3 Likes

I voted :partying_face:

2 Likes

I’ll give it a go… All swap participants open ‘shops’ featuring things that they have made (craft supplies are also OK as long as you have at least 5 crafted items in your shop as well). You assign a point value to your items, between 1 and 3 points. The swap organizer ‘loans’ every shop the swap participant 3 points to start and you just need to pay them back at the end of the swap timeframe. Some folks stress over not being able to pay them back with sales from their own shops but it ALWAYS works out in the end. Always. I have picked up some fabulous things in this swap. It’s a great way to ‘purchase’ homemade gifts that are outside my crafting wheelhouse. It is also a place to offer some of the things that I have made that are just sitting around my house to a new forever home. I hope you give it a try! @loves2experiment please chime in!

7 Likes

Nailed it!

And here’s the link to the previous round :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay, thank you both. I have a better understanding now.

5 Likes

I did the swap the shop in the fall and it was my second swap ever. It seemed really complicated at first, but you get the hang of it so quick and it turned out to be my favorite swap of all the ones I’ve done (I think I’ve done 5 now or maybe 6).

7 Likes

Voting is done! It looks like there is interest in all the swaps and since there aren’t too many this go around, let’s host them all! If you are the organizer of two and can’t commit to both, please pick the one with the most votes. You can also stagger the sign up if you wish.

It’s 5:30am for me and I am on my kindle so I will set up the spreadsheet later today. You can start sign ups today if you want. :blush:

9 Likes

Yay!!! I can’t wait. This will be so much fun.

2 Likes

Awesome! Signups for STS will be up later in the week. I’ll post a link when I get all the dates figured out :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I crocheted a couple pouches and bags and I’ve been procrastinating lining them and putting in the zippers. This is the motivation I need.

4 Likes

I will also start sign ups this week.

2 Likes

Woohoo! Exciting!

1 Like

I will start sign ups this week, too!

3 Likes

I have sent the organizers a share request for the spreadsheets. Soon you will be hearing for your designated swap mod.

4 Likes

Yes, same here…I really need to finish a couple of things that are just about done. Can’t wait to see what everyone has been working on since the last round!

3 Likes

Box of whimsies swap is up!!

5 Likes

The Cryptozoology swap sign-ups will start the first week of May.

5 Likes

Yay! I wanted to join this but was worried with it starting soon I wouldn’t have enough time! Thanks for postponing it just a smidge

3 Likes