Sam Squatch and the Case of the Missing Hat

My friend and I make up characters and one of our faves is Sam Squatch forest detective. He is a Sasquatch that wears a fedora. I used this Elizabeth Hartman quilt block pattern to make a Sasquatch pillow for my friends Christmas gift. He is on the case since I didn’t make him a hat! Quilted on my Gammill long arm.

14 Likes

Wow! Beautiful! You found the perfect background fabric and I love the way the quilted leaves give the suggestion of fur.

2 Likes

I love this so much!!! I hope we see more of these characters!

.also…hahah - nice leaf pattern. i see what you did there

3 Likes

So so so fab!

1 Like

Sam Squatch :laughing: Outstanding.

1 Like

This is very neat! Also I immediately started thinking about how to get Sam his hat back, and started looking for pins. :rofl::cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I love this pattern!
I made this quilt for my cousin last christmas, and boy did making all the trees SUCK.
Your tree background is a fantastic choice

1 Like

I can hardly be"leaf"how great this looks! :laughing:

1 Like

Oh yes, the hat is very important for Sam Squatch, got to find it… funny if you made another pillow with the hat XD

But really funny story.

2 Likes

This is amazing! He wears a fedora normally! I have a mixed media piece I made a couple years ago of him. My friend has also done some watercolors of him and some of his cases!

1 Like

Now I need a fedora quilt block!

2 Likes

This is HIGH-LARIOUS! I have seen this pattern and it has tempted me to learn to quilt. I keep hoping my MIL will decide to make it for me.

2 Likes

LOL @ high-larious! Love that word lol
Yay for creativity!