Scrappy Mail Fabric Swap - Round 2 GALLERY

It’s scraptastic!!! Beautifully done my friend.

3 Likes

Yes! The noodle head tute. It was good but I still had a few struggles. It’s me, not the tute lol. I need more practice! But it came out ok in the end.

3 Likes

I received my last package from @Magpie! She crammed in so many beautiful bits! The skinny rectangles along the bottom row are actually Charm Squares, folded in half. I’m thinking I might make something specifically with the lovely batiks I received in this swap. And I know I’m going to make my MIL a new pencil case for Christmas, with some too. (Definitely going to have to include the pencil fabric square in that one.) Thank you Magpie!

6 Likes

And I believe with me receiving that last envelope, this swap is complete! Thank you all so very, very much, for an incredibly fun, easy-going, stress-free swap. This one really is such a joy, and I’m sure I’ll do another round next year. :heart:

Oh, and I bumped into this pattern on Pinterest, and thought some of you might like it for possible holiday decorating. It’s a scrappy Christmas present block, but could easily be adapted to any sort of gift.

5 Likes

My phone is charging so I have to take pictures of my haul from @magpie!!!

You should nominate that block for December!!!

4 Likes

Did you see @steiconi’s beautiful cactus wall hanging with the patchy scrappy back ground? Excellent!

2 Likes

I have looked at it many times…the background is so lovely and the cactus is a simple embellishment for it…wonderful work!

2 Likes

@photojenn, did you still want some more squares? I have a stack on my desk for you, from things I’ve cut since the swap, so all different from what you already received. I could put them in an envelope for you today if you still want some.

2 Likes

Yes please! I’ll admit I haven’t found time to start yet so I’m still collecting :slight_smile:

@sloth003 also hooked me up! So my stacks are growing!

3 Likes

Ok, I’ll put a card in the mail today.

3 Likes

Was someone looking for more of this fabric? If so, I saw it as part of a fat quarter bundle at Walmart.

3 Likes

I used the piece sent to me to make my mug rug! It is so darn cute!

2 Likes

It was me. But I’d be unlikely to find it in Canadian Walmart. There are often many things unavailable up here

1 Like

While I was cleaning/packing, I found these two cards from @magpie filled with scrappy squares! I know one was for this swap and the other was just because she is awesome!

I didn’t see a pic here, so I thought I would share…I am holding out packing my squares as I still wistfully would love to make a tote before I have to move…

7 Likes

That figure skater print is awesome.

It sure is! So are the polar bears!

2 Likes

Figure skaters rescued from a very odd tiered kid skirt, bears from @edel!
Sew a tote, it’ll be helpful for packing stuff up in!

4 Likes

I am always tempted to pick out focal pieces like these and make something else…I like your baskets that have a strip of scrappy blocks in plain canvas or linen…that way, theses beauties don’t get too lost!

2 Likes

I got a slightly different polar bear.

That’s going to part of a finish tomorrow I have to go to w*rk today.

5 Likes

Are you making a polaroid quilt?! It’s one of my goals since I saw one a few weeks ago. Along with a million other quilting goals.

2 Likes