Scrappy Mail Fabric Swap - Round 2 GALLERY

I can’t wait to see these gorgeous scrappy quilts!

I made a quick and dirty prototype for the project bag(s) I want to make with some of my squares. Mistakes were made, but it gave me a good idea of what not to do with the next one.

6 Likes

Did you use a pattern, or make it up yourself? I like it!

2 Likes

I just made it up as I went along. I have been looking at project bags, trying to figure out how they’re put together, and I tried to combine a couple styles. The orange fabric was a scrap I was practicing on to get my quilting tension right, so I went with the general theme of ‘pumpkin,’ and grabbed coordinating scraps.

2 Likes

I received an awesome haul from @Magpie today! So. Many. Squares!!

I was secretly hoping for some of those funky fish and I got the little witch girl too!

Pulled out some other faves to highlight. Those black and white stripes are everything.

4 Likes

Happy to see your faves! The triangle/squares print was specifically cut with you in mind :slight_smile:
The fish were a thrift shop skirt!

3 Likes

Incoming photo dump. The mailbox relinquished my final three envelopes

First up @photojen
all of these are just so pretty.

@AIMR is next
So glad the blue batikis fishes made it and the bobbly circley lines. I was admiring them.

And last but by no means least.@magpie. I won’t have to restock my pink stash for a while now. And I love the logs and the fish

Thank you to everyone. See you next time.

5 Likes

First @tendstowardschaos that is an adorable creation. Of course I love orange & that’s my favourite quilting pattern too, bubbles (that was my beaver-leader name :bubbles: :beaver: :orange_heart:.

Then, oh, I received the mamaload of fabric squares & scraps from @AIMR.

These are my faves, not at all easy to choose but I love this leafy print, optical illusion wonky squares, and… pasta? Lol, so weird.

Thank you all so much, I love all of the fabrics I got. So fun!

7 Likes

You know who I was thinking of when I sent the pink…so many people did not want pink, so tag, you were it! ha ha

2 Likes

So many people did not want brown! Like, whaaaa?

2 Likes

Brown is growing on me…I have a project partially done that uses a bit of my brown mini charms I received.

2 Likes

Windham Fabrics “Mischief Night” by Dinara Mirtalipova pattern no 40645

4 Likes

That’s gonna be a touch one to track down. Thanks for the info.

2 Likes

Its so cute! Ill check around for it. Thanks!

1 Like

Made a zip pouch today with some of my squares! I’m still not in love with zippers but the patchwork makes up for it.

9 Likes

That looks so great! You tried the open-wide tutorial?
I count, like 9? 10! squares from my stash, love it!

2 Likes

It’s scraptastic!!! Beautifully done my friend.

3 Likes

Yes! The noodle head tute. It was good but I still had a few struggles. It’s me, not the tute lol. I need more practice! But it came out ok in the end.

3 Likes

I received my last package from @Magpie! She crammed in so many beautiful bits! The skinny rectangles along the bottom row are actually Charm Squares, folded in half. I’m thinking I might make something specifically with the lovely batiks I received in this swap. And I know I’m going to make my MIL a new pencil case for Christmas, with some too. (Definitely going to have to include the pencil fabric square in that one.) Thank you Magpie!

6 Likes

And I believe with me receiving that last envelope, this swap is complete! Thank you all so very, very much, for an incredibly fun, easy-going, stress-free swap. This one really is such a joy, and I’m sure I’ll do another round next year. :heart:

Oh, and I bumped into this pattern on Pinterest, and thought some of you might like it for possible holiday decorating. It’s a scrappy Christmas present block, but could easily be adapted to any sort of gift.

5 Likes

My phone is charging so I have to take pictures of my haul from @magpie!!!

You should nominate that block for December!!!

4 Likes