Secret Garden Tam

Last winter, my friend asked me to recreate Mary’s tam from ‘The Secret Garden’. Which was pretty lucky because it had been on my to-do list forever. It took me way longer to get it right than I think my friend had hoped it would take, but I think I got it.

I mean, I hope so, I zoomed in and studied screencaps for hours.

I looked all over the internet for the right color wool, which was hard because screencaps were all over the place, color-wise. But I sent a few different options and let my friend decide.

She has the perfect hair for it.

20 Likes

That is so cool, recreating props is a favourite thing for me and this is just adorable, so glad that you were able to cross it off your list and making her happy at the same time

1 Like

It looks great! I bet she loved it :grinning:

1 Like

Those are the best kind of projects…research, stalking, hunting, making, and then delivering!

Your friend looks pleased with her beautiful new tam!

1 Like

That is really pretty!

1 Like

You did an amazing job on replicating the tam…and your friend looks really pleased with it. Well done you!

1 Like

Oh I love it!! It came out perfect!!

1 Like

Thanks, all! It was such a satisfying experience, and I believe my friend was quite pleased to be able to really embrace her inner and outer Mary Lennox. :heart:

This is a very nice hat indeed. I don’t know the character references but I would wear this in a flash in any colour. It is simply grand, well done!

1 Like

Oh that looks excellent! It has the perfect drape.

1 Like

That looks just like the hat in the movie! Great job!

1 Like

gorgeous! and she does have fab hair!

1 Like

You did a wonderful job on recreating this and such a great friend to even try.

1 Like

@Magpie Thank you! Here’s a side-by-side with one of the reference photos.

I can’t remember what yarn I used, but blocking it really brought out all the drape I hoped it would have.

Thank you!

I’m totally jealous.

@Raury Thank you!

3 Likes